Best Girlfriend's Dad

Writer's POV

"I'm done eating, I'm gonna head out. See you later mom!" Emily says, as she picks up her backpack.

"Alright sweetie be safe!" Pam replies.

Just as Emily was about to turn the nob of the door, a hand grabbed her arm stopping her. She turned around only to see her dad looking at her.

"Emmie, you're not going to school. You're staying home." Her dad speaks. "What, why?" Emily's confused at what her father just told her. "Honey, you're sick. And we need to do something before it gets worse." Wayne shoots back not bothering to pause.

"Sick? I'm not sick. I'm perfectly fine dad." Emily started to sound annoyed. "What going on?" Pam comes, and interrupts. Emily had that 'thank god' feeling inside of her.

"Dad won't let me go to school because I'm 'sick'." Emily motioned her fingers to make quotation marks.

Pam lifts up her hand and puts it on Emily's forehead to see if she's feeling hot. "You don't look sick." Pam gives a reassuring look.

"Exactly!! Because I'm not." Emily irritation got to her. "Well what seems to be the problem that she can't go to school?" Her mother looks at Wayne.

Wayne looked at Emily and said "You're not leaving this house until I say so, understand?" Emily nods in annoyance only to make her dad shut up. Then Wayne pulls Pam aside to talk to her in private.

It wasn't really private because Emily could hear parts of what they're saying..

"Alison is going to be there and I don't want our daughter to get influenced by her." Wayne says.

"You've only been here for a 2 weeks, you don't know what Alison has been doing. So you can't just judge her like that. Because unlike you, I've been here for my daughter." Emily's mother sounded so complexed.

'Im so proud of my mother.' Emily thought.

Then more arguing arose. and more, and more. Until one had to stop and give up.

Wayne walks up to Emily and says. "You're staying home."

Emily got so irritated at her dad and walked up in her room feeling hopeless.

--------------------------------

Alison's POV

Emily hadn't showed up, and it's almost the end of the school day. She hasn't texted or called me. And I'm starting to get really worried.

I decided to call her. A few more rings, and she picked up. Thank god, I thought something bad happened to her.

"Hello? Emily? Hey I've been worried about you. Are you okay? Where are you?" I've asked multiple questions at once so I decided to leave it just that. "Hey Alison, I'm fine. I'm at home." Emily sounded like she'd been crying for hours.

"Emily, what's wrong? And you can't just say it's nothing because I know there's something bothering you, and I want to know what it is so I can help you with it." I say being so careful not to trip my choice of words. I hear Emily sigh, finally she said, "My dad didn't let me go to school this morning because he thinks I'm sick. Not that kind of sick, but he thinks that being in love with you is a disease." Emily choked on her words. I wonder what she'd been doing for 7 hours today.

I understood what she was feeling. How can I help?
Wait. I have a plan.
But first, I need Hanna.

---------------------------------------------------------

Emily's POV

I have not left my room since this morning. And I could hear my parents going at it. They never seemed to agree at the moment. They seem to get worse and worse. And I'm having thoughts of me going downstairs and stopping them, but I feel so tired and I don't feel like walking. I'm not lazy, it's just that I don't want to be the one who makes the situation worse than it already is.