Chapter One

Vania POV

I woke up to the sound of the school bell ringing. Making every student of the whole school stand up to head to their next and last class of the day. Which means for me to go to the rink for hockey practice.

Ever since I was reunited with my parents. I moved in with them. Thanks to Coach Bombay he found a house where my parents can pay for it and it also is near Eden. So I don't have to walk far to school and back

A lot has changed since we beat Varsity Hockey. Some were good and others were bad. Charlie has been acting like he's big stuff leaving Adam feeling low. They have been having a lot of problems. More than any couple normally have. Most of the ducks got their heads in the clouds. That I can actually say that they have officially lost their roots.

The ones that haven't completely lost their roots are Adam, Kenny, Dean, and Guy. I miss the old times where popularity wasn't important to us. But I guess we grew up and we changed.

Once I got to the rink. Luis came up to me " Coach told us to not wear our gear just yet" I just nodded and put on my skates.

Now I bet you're wondering what is going on between Luis and I. Are we good? Is everything going fine? Now for your answers. Everything is fine for now. I have been noticing that he does stare at girls for longer than he should. But I never complain about it because we have been dating for four years. Do I really want to be questioning him for staring? I mean he can look but can't touch right. I honestly don't know anymore.

"Hey Van" Dean sat next to me. I just smile at him. "Hey Dean". I stood up and walked to the ice. I started skating with Dean beside me. We got closer after he returned. I don't know but we did. Now I think of him as my older brother. I'm not as close to Charlie anymore. We used to be best friends but now we hardly even look at each other. It's kinda sad. I miss my best friend. I mean Dean is great and all but Charlie as known since we were little. It's hard to forget that and leave it in the past.

"So how was your last class," Dean asked. I just smiled and replied. "You know the normal. She talks and I fall asleep." Dean just chucked and shook his head. "You're going to fail that class then you won't be able to play. and we need you in the game. We can't have too many ducks in the ice that are cake-eaters" I just sigh and nod. "I know. You don't have to remind me."

What has my life come down to?