Chapter 33

Charlie was doing homework at his mom's diner, she was having a long shift and she wanted to spend some time with him. He kept looking over what homework but not understanding one bit of it. He usually was able to do his homework perfectly but today it seems like nothing is sticking to him.

"Hey you look like you're about to break something" Charlie's mom joked standing infront of him.

"I am," Charlie sighed, rubbing his face.

"You know, I haven't seen Vania or Adam around anymore. They used to come here a lot. What happened?" Charlie's mom asked worried about her son.

"I don't know, something bad. Somewhere along the way, I lost contact with them." Charlie sighed.

He has been wanting to run over to Vania's place and be there for her. Whenever he got the guts to. He backed down, how he could suddenly show up at her place when he has been the worst best friend to her. He hasn't been there for her for three years. His own boyfriend has been a better friend to her.

Adam and he haven't talked since Connie and Luis broke the news. Charlie went up to Adam and asked him to look out for Vania.

"Maybe you should try and reconnect. I think it would help you with whatever you've been holding in for so long. They have been the only ones that have ever understood you." Charlie's mom suggested. She walked away to take an order.

Charlie took out his phone and opened a file that was made of pictures of him and Vania. Charlie suddenly started to remember memories of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Put your glasses on V. because there is about to be some lighting in here" Charlie told Vania while very dramatically putting on his.

Vania just smiled at his dramaticness.

'''''''''''

"V you alright" Charlie put down his work on the desk and knee before Vania. he wiped the tears she had coming down her face.

"V you know that you can tell anything. I'm here for you" Vania just looks down. Charlie kissed her head. After he put his hand in her jaw making her look up at him.

"Come on V. Let me into that big mind of yours" Charlie looked like he was ready to cry also.

"I'm just thinking about my parents," Vania spoke softly. Charlie smiles big since she rarely talks.

"They were pretty great" Charlie sat next to her and made her move close to him. She leaned on him.

"They were," Vania smiles at him. He smile back

''''''''''''

Charlie came up to Connie and Vania. " I'm being serious. No one can call her V. That's my nickname for her. " Charlie told Connie. Connie just rolled her eyes.

''''''''''''

"We can not come to this peppy school and lose the Ducks and Bombay or come to the school and stay with the Ducks but lose Bombay. Either way we lost Bombay. What do you say Charlie" Vania replied. Charlie just smiled and nodded.

"As long as we have the Ducks. We will be fine." Vania continues.

'''''''''''''

"But I'm not a Warrior, I'm a Duck." Charlie explains.

"Sometimes you talk too much," Vania said, looking at Charlie.

"Tell me about it" Charlie replied and walked away.

"I thought that you liked Adam" Vania asked

"Why you said that" Charlie asked confused

"Oh come on I know that you were in a trace with that girl" Vania said

"Look V. Let's face it Adam will never like me. He's straight. I have been crushing on him since the PewWee games. Nothing has happened" Charlie leaned against a wall.

"How about that all almost kiss and if you want something to happen then don't just wait around for something to happen. Do something about it" Vania replied walking away.

''''''''''''''''

"Wow" Vania heard Charlie say in the doorway along with Casey having tears in her eyes.

"What do you think?" Vania asked nervously.

"I might even start thinking about stealing you from Luis" Charlie joked and Casey just hit Charlie in the shoulders softly and walked away. Charlie closes the door and hugs Vania.

"V you look beautiful. I bet your dad and mom would be very proud of you." Charlie said. Vania just looked down.

"Charlie, it's been four years. I don't think they are coming back" Vania said, finally accepting that her parents might not come back.

"I have faith that they still out there. Fighting to come back home to you. Don't give up on them." Charlie put Vania's head in his hands. Charlie sit her down on the bed.

'''''''''''

"Remember the first time we ever skated here?" Charlie asked. Vania nod

"I remember how your dad would talk about seeing us being each other's best friend for the rest of our lives," Charlie chuckled.

"I miss the old times," Vania whispered.

Charlie took his hand in Vania's. she got closer to him. She put her head on his shoulder and his head on hers.

"We are ducks," Charlie spoke.

"Forever and ever" Vania replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie knew that he needed to reach out to Vania and fix things with Adam before it's too late.

Did you miss the older days? I know that I do , I even tear up a bit. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter like I enjoyed writing it for you. Comment down your thoughts on this chapter. What should happen?

Tag List 

papiswrld
hydhhj78