Chapter 39

Vania planned to tell the Ducks in the next practice. They have a game coming on Friday, which will be Vania's last game with them. She already talked with the school and Coach Orion. He was a bit surprised but he was most proud and happy for her. She was nervous to tell them, she barely reconnected with some of them and now she's leaving.

She walked into the rink to see all of the Ducks skating around, she knew that she was going to miss them but she also was excited to go to Salt Lake.

She quickly got her skates and walked into the ice. Charlie immediately skated up to her.

"Hey you ready V?" Charlie asked, he knew that she was going to tell the rest of the Ducks the news.

"Not really but yes" Vania spoke

"Hey you know that we got your back, they are going to be happy for you." Charlie grab her hand

"I know still, it's hard to say goodbye to you guys. " Vania said, looking down.

"Hey, this isn't a goodbye. You're not leaving and never seeing us again." Charlie replied, she hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you," Vania whispered.

"I am too but hey, We can still come back and visit." Charlie rubs her back.

"Alright take a knee everyone." Coach Orion orders.

Vania and Charlie went and took a knee with the Ducks.

"Nobel has news" Coach Orion spoke looking at Vania.

Charlie quickly squeezes Vania's hand before letting it go so Vania can stand up.

"You guys have been my friends since I can remember, each of you has been an important part of my life and saying this is hard but I guess I should just say it. A couple of months ago, I auditioned for this show that I saw online. I did it but I didn't think that I was going to actually get it but I did and they want me to go next week to start filming." Vania said

"What?" Kenny asked, shocked.

"Where?" Guy asked

"Salt Lake City" Vania answer

"What about graduation?" Julie asked

"I talked with the school and they're letting me finish school early and they also said that if I want to come back to the ceremony, that I can," Vania replied.

"Dang Nobel, you're going to be famous," Russ spoke, making everyone laugh.

"I wanted to tell you guys because I want to share this part of my life with you. You're important to me." Vania spoke.

"Are you playing with us this Friday?" Dwyane asked

"I am, it will be my official last game" Vania nods.

"Then I guess we are going to have to make it count" Fulton spoke

Everyone agreed with him, they all stood up and hugged Vania.