Chapter 40

"So are you excited to go to Salt Lake City," Charlie asked as they were walking around the town.

"I am but I'm just sad that this part of my life, I have to leave it" Vania confesses.

"Hey, we all knew that every Duck's dream was a bit too big for this city." Charlie nudge her softly

"It's just sad that I'm the first one to leave," Vania replied.

"Hey, Bombay has taught us that no matter how far or near, the dream is worth chasing" Charlie spoke.

"I guess you're right" Vania answer smiling

"We have a hour before the game starts, let's start heading to school," Charlie said

They both start walking to the school, they walk in to see most of the ducks ready on their gear. Charlie and Vania start to get ready.

Coach Orion walked to check that everyone was ready, once they were ready. They all went to the ice where they touched the ice like they did when they went against the Warriors. Coach Orion called in for a team circle.

"This is Nobel's last game with us, so let's make this game ours. Quack on three" Coach Orion order, They all started to quack.

Like always, they won, They all ran back to the lockers.

"Like always, the Ducks won!" Greg yelled, making everyone else cheered.

After they got all clean, they stayed back by orders from Coach Orion. He walked in smiling.

"That was a great game guys," He said, making everyone cheer.

"I have a guest that came in for Vania's last game" Coach Orion opened the door for Bombay to come in. Everyone runs up to him and hugs him.

"I heard our fellow Duck is ready to fly, so I have had to come and tell her good luck" Bombay walked up to Vania and hugged her.

"Thanks for coming," Vania said

"I had to, you guys are my family and I wanted to be here to show you support" Bombay replied

They talked a little but Bombay left to leave the team some time alone.

"I'm going to miss you guys" Vania whisper looking around

"We're going to miss you too but we know that you deserve to go. Plus you promise that you will come back to walk the stage with us" Julie replied

"We will always be here, ducks fly together" Charlie spoke next to her.

They all had one last group hug.

Vania got a text from Thomas to go outside. She quickly excuses herself. She walked outside of the rink to find Thomas and his band along with the girls standing there with balloons. Vania quickly runs up to them.

"What is this?" Vania asked, shocked.

"Well this was your last game with the Ducks, we came to cheer you guys on," Thomas spoke smiling

"Great game by the way," Gordon said, making Vania giggle.

"We wanted to see you one last time before you head to Salt Lake City tomorrow. We're going to miss you" Alex spoke

"I'm going to miss you too" Vania spoke

"I also wanted to give you this" Thomas handed her a small box

"It's not another shirt is it?" Vania jokes

"No," Thomas said, smiling.

Vania opens it to see a necklace with a music note.

"It's like a promise ring but a necklace. I promise you that I will wait for you while I'm touring" Thomas whispered.

Vania smiled and pulled him for a kiss. Once she pulls away she whispers. "I promise too"

"Come on, Vania's parents are throwing a party," Fletcher complained, just then the Ducks came.

They all started to walk to Vania's house.