Day 61 - 4F

Flashback

I locked myself in the room as the conversation of me and my mom earlier replays in my mind

"Mom? Dad said he's coming home this summer."
I remember myself getting excited as I announced the good news to my mom.

"Maybe you guys can talk? And fix things between the two of you?"
I smiled at her.

"Isn't this what you've been waiting for? Dad coming back here in Korea?"
I keep talking and mom has been silent for the whole time. She is finishing some paperworks so I didn't bother to mind but when I look closely at her expression, my heart started to beat fast.

"Your Dad abandoned us to go to Thailand, Lalisa."

"But it's all about work right?"

"I wanted to believe that, but it's not all about that dear."

"What do you mean, mom?"

"He's been having an affair, Lalisa."

My chest tightened when my mom's words rang again inside my head. The pain becomes unbearable that I started to catch some breath.

Sad to say, my first heartbreak isn't with a guy that I like nor in a romantic relationship instead, it's with my father...

I curled myself at the corner of my room and with that I cried silently. All the hopes that I have came crashing down. I hugged my knees and sobbed rack my body.

"You're lying."

"Lisa, listen to me. The real reason why your father will come back here in Korea is to let me sign the divorce papers."

"No. Stop lying mom! Dad said he wanted to fix things between you two! And he regretted the day he left us! What are you talking about mom? Stop it!"

"I'm sorry, My Lisa but it's the whole truth. Your Dad is happy now and so am I, you need to understand that not every relationship needs to be fixed because sometimes it is better to let it go than do more further damage for keeping it too long."

I dragged myself to stand up and went to search for my phone. I wiped my cheeks harshly as I bit my lower lip so that I can't cause any sound of whimper.

The moment I found my phone I frantically search for someone I could go to but my body froze when I realized I don't even have friends.

My classmates avoids me because they said I'm weird and they discriminate foreigners. No one wants to talk to me at school, I don't even know why...

Maybe because I'm a creep. A lonely soul. My long hair hides my face and I don't speak that much.

I keep scrolling through my contacts when I saw a certain name as the memory of her smiling at me filled my mind.

"What do you mean so are you, mom?"

"Lalisa, I'm—"

"I can't believe this."

"I love him and he cares for me, he doesn't mind my past as he accepted me for who I am or what I had been through. He's a good man, Lisa. He even wants to meet you."

"What about Dad?"

"We are long over."

"So you're saying Dad lied to me?"

"I'm sorry."

With trembling hands even the fact that I know she's not going to be there, I clicked her name and her message bar opened.

To: Chaeyoung

Type a new message to this person?
YES | NO

(Typing...)

Hi, This is Lisa. I found your number at my old contact list.