Day 43 - 4L

I listen carefully to Jennie's words

I listen carefully to Jennie's words. Me and her don't really get an alone time with each other frequently cause it's either she's with her best friend Nayeon or her boyfriend Yoongi.

We talked about things when she is still in Daegu and I find it really cute when she mentioned that Taehyung and her were childhood sweethearts back then and had a long time crush for each other since they were 13 years old.

She told me that they'd become official when they were 17 and the relationship which she said it was maybe only a puppy love lasted a year only.

Because Taehyung suddenly became cold to her. He broke up with Jennie without any reason at all and he left Jennie wondering why?

But then a few months later after the relationship ended she found out the real reason why and it broke her heart to pieces.

"He was my first and greatest heartbreak, Lisa. I thought I wouldn't be able to move on but I'm thankful to Yoongi for being there with me always."
Then she told me about how she met Min sunbae. Jennie said that she was crying inside the art room that day when she met him and Min sunbae gave him his handkerchief without saying a word to her as he left.

Jennie thought it was a kind thing to do with the person you don't even know. Then Jennie thanked him for the other day as they started to talk and hang out until what they had bloomed into something more and now here they are, happy together.

"Sometimes, I still really get bitter to them but what can I do? I think he fell for her deeper than what he felt for me."
Now, I'm curious. My half eaten gelato melted already because I was too focus on her story so I switch to eat the strawberry pie.

"What do you mean 'her', Jennie?"

"Oh, you still didn't know? I thought you knew already because of you and Taehyung hangout a lot these past few months."
She was surprised and I shook my head, clueless.

"No, we don't talk about stuff like that."
She sipped on her drink then without a warning she dropped the bomb that I wasn't ready for or maybe I won't ever be.

"He's in love with my sister."

I froze for a moment. I couldn't even breathe for a second. I think my lungs are not functioning well right now, I sliced the pie with my fork as I tried my best to eat it and act normal like it wasn't hurting me at all. I nod my head and Jennie watched me carefully.

I- I thought they weren't dating?

"I'm sorry, I really don't want to hurt you, Lisa but this is better than you invest your feelings to the wrong person."
It's late. Too late Jen. You should've told me sooner. I already invested too many feelings for him so how can I withdrew all of that now when I knew he's also reciprocating it.

"How did you know, he's the wrong person for me Jen?"
I'm hurting. I even accidentally dropped the fork on the floor.

"Because he fell for my sister while we are still in a relationship with each other and now you're making him confused."
So this is my fault?

"He must be waiting for Jisoo eonnie until she's ready but now I don't know if he can still wait for her because you showed up."
And all of a sudden, I am the one who should be blame. Stupid, Lisa why didn't you foresee these things sooner?

"Taehyung promised Jisoo that he'll wait. That's why their relationship is still unofficial up to now but they had a mutual understanding with each other."
It must've been hard for Jennie's part. She sacrificed her happiness for the happiness of her sister. No wonder, she always felt insecure with her older sis.

"So that's why he said, they weren't dating."
That's the only words I can blurt at the moment because my throat went really dry from all of the revelations I heard.

"I'm always curious why he's so close to your family, especially with your sister, and you who have sometimes a bad blood to him."
This is all about. Now, I know. Stupid Lalisa with your stupid hunches. Look what you've put yourself? You are hurting.

"Yes, it's all because of that."

"I wished you said this to me sooner."

"I'm sorry, I just realized it now. I really thought you have a thing for Park sunbae..."

"I don't have."

"I know that now and I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, Jen. It's not your fault."

It's mine. I assumed too much.