Day 60 - 1F

Flashback

I sat at the seat where my science teacher assigned me to be this whole year

I sat at the seat where my science teacher assigned me to be this whole year. I arranged the things that would be needed like my notes, books, pencils, pens, and folder.

I wonder who will be my lab partner this year? I hope he or she is going to be nice and patient with me.

Shifting my attention to the wall clock, I tapped my fingers on the table synchronizing with the clock hands. Why is it taking this long? Where is my partner to be? I look around me and noticed the students elatedly getting to know their lab-mate.

I pressed my lips together and just fiddled with my skirt, while I'm trying to stop the threatening tears from my eyes. Of course, nobody would want to be my partner.

Who wants to be with this loser anyway?

"Hi!"
I lifted my head and saw the prettiest smile I've seen so far here in school.

Why is she talking to me?

"I'm Park Chaeyoung! Your lab partner for the whole year, aren't you excited? Cause I am. What's your name?"
She sat beside me and offered her hand for a handshake. I hesitated.

She's popular, why is she with me? She should've exchange with someone but she's not even complaining instead she's looking forward for being my partner.

"I'm Lisa. Lalisa Manoban."
I hold her hand and Chaeyoung's smile went bigger. She has the fluffiest cheeks. Her hair flows like waterfall and has the prettiest skin. Girls envy her beauty but boys adore her, I don't really like her at first but she's the only person who talks to me without being ashamed of it.

She's different. A good different. She knows how to make you feel good and important. Maybe that's why she became my comfort even though we weren't close.

"Nice to meet you, Lisa."
I reciprocated a smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Chaeyoung."

On those times the future still don't matter to me at all. I never expected Park Chaeyoung will have a huge part of my life that causes me to be who I am now.

But things may have changed at the middle of the school year and nobody knows it actually, except her.