Chapter Twenty-Seven: Father's Announced Visit

Hinata woke up in a strange place. Not Naruto's apartment. Her vision hazey, she blinked. Everything came into focus. She was in the middle of a desolate white room. A panel of one-way glass on the far right wall. She couldn't see out, so someone else could see in. She had no recollection of any place like this any where in or near the village. She looked around some more and saw a door opposite the glass panel. Hinata was sitting on the floor. She tried to get up, but found her hands were tied behind her back and her legs felt heavy as lead.

"Naruto!," she shouted and struggled as her voice echoed through the room. Just then the door swung open, reveiling someone who she hadn't met in a while.

The figure stepped closer to her and crouched down,"Pathetic. Almost as useless as Sakura," Sasuke held her chin between his fingers.

"Don't talk about Sakura like that. She's better than you, that's for sure," Hinata ripped her face from his hands.

Sasuke smirked,"Perhaps," he pulled his sword from the sheath, and plungded it into her body.

Hinata shot up. She was panting, and the evening Sun shone through the windows. She pulled her shirt up and examined where she had been 'stabbed'. Nothing. She sighed and looked around. Her real surroundings where that of which they had been the past few weeks. Hinata stood up and walked back to the bathroom. She collected the piles of laundry and put them in baskets to be washed, later. She noticed a drawer was open on Naruto's dresser. She cautiously went over, hesitatly holding her hand in front of it. She wanted to know what he kept in his drawers that she couldn't see. Hinata pushed it shut and picked up the baskets.

Ruma snuck in through Kiba's bedroom window. She had been back earlier than expected, but just by about an hour. She quietly closed the window not knowing if his mother was home. Ruma turned around to find him, sleeping. She rolled her eyes and went over to him.

Ruma ran her fingers along his arm, making him shudder. She smiled and bent down to his ear,"Kiba," she lightly whispered. He didn't respond so she climbed over him to the other side of the bed. She laid her head on her arm and played with his hair. Akamaru hadn't woke up either. She drapped her arm over him and buried her face in the back of his shirt. She was surprised when she felt Kiba's hand grab her own. Ruma smiled.

Kiba raised her hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it,"I thought you weren't coming back till midnight."

"This place only has so much to do," she said raising up to lay her head on his shoulder. Kiba intertwined his fingers with hers.

Ruma looked into his eyes,"I missed you today," her voice was soft.

"I missed you too," he held her hand tighter. Kiba rolled over so they were facing each other and she laid her right hand on his face. Ruma got closer and then kissed him. Kiba let his hand travel on her side. He unconsiously let it rest on her stomach. Inside her, this wonderful person who he found resolve and comfort in, was their child. Something to unite them, make them one. The difficult thing was that she doesn't know he knows.

"Kiba," she broke their embrace,"I have something I need to tell you," Ruma looked down at their hands still held together, smiling,"I'm pregnant."

Kiba mentally smirked, but on the outisde he looked shocked for her sake.

"How long haveyou known?," he asked her.

"About a week. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, I was just scared," she looked back to his eyes.

"I don't blame you. I'm just really glad Tsunade got that law disbanded," he closed his eyes and let go of her hand. Kiba wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to him. She smiled into the embrace. They broke apart when something crawled in between their bodies.