Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Naruto Influence

"Naruto!," he heard his door burst open and he shot up, half awake.

"Huh?," he looked over to find a steaming kunoichi,"Sakura? What's goin on?"

"Why did you tell Sasuke to come to my house?," she cracked her knuckles.

"I didn't directly tell him that," Naruto yawned.

Sakura straightened up and her angry aura faded,"What happened to you? Normally you're squealing like a pig."

"It's nothing. Just Hinata-," he stopped at the metion of her name. Naruto looked around the room,"Where is she?," he even looked under the bed.

"She's not out in the kitchen or livingroom," Sakura peeked into the bathroom,"Not here either."

"What? Where would she go?!," Naruto ran pass Sakura and out into the hall.

"Naruto in case you forgot, she's seventeen. Almost eighteen. Speaking of what did you get her?," Sakura suddenly became interested in his love-life.

"That's a secret I can't trust you with. I'm having trouble keeping it secret myself. And do not ask Tsunade, I know you bug her about me and Hina-chan," he stopped. His face turned red with embarassment and he turned to go into the kitchen.

Sakura stood with her mouth open,"Hina-chan?," she giggled a little.

"Don't laugh," he sat down at the dining table and sheilded his face much like Kiba did his last visit.

"No no. It's okay, but WHY!," Sakura couldn't hold it in anymore. She burst out laughing and was doubled over sitting on her knees in the floor before she even started to die down.

"Are you finished yet?," Naruto propped his head up on his hand.

"Hold on," she wiped tears from her eyes,"okay," giggling she sniffed,"Alright I'm fine now."

"Is the Sasuke thing all you wanted?," he watched her get up and come over to sit across from him.

"When I burst through the front door," she smiled,"Now I wanna know all about you and Hina-chan."

"That's a long story," he sat back in his chair,"I love every second of it, but it's pretty long. And it's only getting longer. All you need to know is that I love her and hopefully she loves me," he scratched his whisker marks.

"Naruto she's loved you since we were kids in the acadamy," Sakura laid her hands on the table, unable to believe he was 'this' dense.

"Really? That makes everything so much easier," Naruto's muscles relaxed.

Sakura sighed and hit her head on the same surface as her hands.

Hinata put her hand on the handle of the front door, to a house which she never thought she'd go back to. She had received countless letters from her father over the past eight months and the last one was a few days ago, alerting her he would be coming to visit.

She turned the knob and pushed slightly, opening up to a face, that she had to look up to see.

"Hinata?," Neji's eyes grew wide. He pulled the door open the rest of the way and stepped aside.

"Hey Neji," she nervously put her hands in her pockets. Hinata stepped into the house.

"Your father isn't in right now. He decided to take a walk," Neji closed the entryway and peered down the hall.

"In the middle of winter?," Hinata chimed him back in.

"Well it is your birthday in a few days," he cleared his throat,"We all did miss you, you know."