Chapter Sixteen: Rules and Regulations

When Kanai got Shikamaru home that night after the party, his parents were worried and took him to the hospital.

Kanai wanted to go, but Shikamaru told her to go to Sakura's and get some rest. So there is where she went.

As she came in Sakura gave her a hug, "Kanai I was so worried about you what happened?"

Kanai's face saddened and her fists clenched,"They came back Sakura and I really appreciate your help, but I think it would be safer for you and your parents if I moved somewhere else."

"What? Why? Who came back for you?"

"When you guys found me I was running from them and now they found me. I'm a danger to you, your family, your friends, and Shika," Kanai started crying,"That's why I need to leave before they hurt anyone else."

"Kanai," Sakura's voice calmed down and was almost a whisper, "you are my friend and I dont want you to go. I'm sure everyone feels the same, especially Shikamaru."

"I know, but I don't want to have anyone hurt especially you or Shika or Ino or anybody," images of her new friends flashed in her mind as she thought of each.

"Kanai do you understand what I'm saying? I'm not letting you leave even if I have to tie you to the bed," they both giggled, "you aren't going anywhere."

"Sakura," Kanai threw her arms around her friend, "he almost died, "she wept into Sakura's shoulder her voice a little muffled.

"It's okay now Kanai," she pet her head, "everything's going to be alright. If it makes you feel any better I got a date with Lee this Saturday."

"Finally, you Konoha kids are really dense you know that," she said in between gasps of air and Sakura laughed.

"Yeah I know Naruto and Neji are probably the worst," she said.

"Naruto and Hinata are dating now you know," Kanai lifted her head.

"What?! Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?," Sakura slapped her forehead.

"Didn't you notice at Shino's party?"

"No I just thought she got a little braver," Sakura laughed at herself. Kanai laughed at her too.

When Ruma woke up she was in Kiba's bed. She put the pillow he slept on over her head and smelled his scent. She didn't know how to describe it, but she liked it. Ruma heard the door open and he took the pillow away from her face.

"Hey do you know how long you slept?," Kiba sat down on the bed next to her.

"No. Is your mom and sister still gone?," she sat up and put her arms around him snuggling into his back.

"Yeah they still aren't back. Why do you ask?," Kiba turned around so she was nestled into his bare chest.

"Because," she stopped hugging him and put her arms around his neck, "I want it to be just us all day. That hasn't happened in a while," she closed her eyes and inched her way closer to his face as she spoke then kissed him when she finished speaking.

Kiba leaned them back and she was laying down, her arms around his neck still. He started inching his way down her neck with his kisses but stopped and stood up, "Are you hungry?"

Ruma propped herself up on her elbows, "not anymore," she smiled and stood up then walked out the door following him.

They went into the kitchen and Kiba dug around in the fridge for something.

"Why won't you ever do anything Kiba? Is it me? Do you not love me anymore?"

"Thats not it and you know it," he closed the fridge door and walked over to the island she was sitting at.