Chapter Thirty-Four: Truth Be Told, I Love You

"Ta-dah!," he sat the tray on her lap and threw his arms in the air.
"Naruto," Hinata looked down at the food,"You did this all by yourself?"
"Yep! Just like you taught me Hinata," he smiled, "Well go on, try it."
"Okay," she looked down at the tray, "Um, Naruto, I don't see any chopsticks."
"Oh, yeah," he pulled his hands from behind his back with a pair in his palm.
"Thank-," she stopped. Around the wooden utensils was a piece of paper with a company's logo on it and around that paper was a ring.
Her hand, outstretched towards it, froze and so did the rest of her body. Only when Naruto started to get down on his knee did she bring her hand to her chest.
"Hinata, I know this's a long shot, but," he smiled up at her, "I've never smiled as much as I have around you. You make me happy, Hinata, so...will you marry me?"
Hinata started crying halfway through his sentence and at the end she moved the tray off her lap and moved to the floor. She rested her body on her knees and nodded as tears fell to the hard wood.
Naruto's eyes lit up and he wrapped his arms around her torso while Hinata wrapped hers around his neck and clenched his shirt in her fingers.
"I love you Naruto," she whispered, "So, so much."
"I love you too, Hinata," he nuzzled his nose in to the nape of her neck, smiling. Tsunade might kill him now because she wanted to see the moment when he asked her, but at least he would die a happy man.

"Naruto, did what?," Neji looked down at her.
Since then, Hinata decided she wanted Neji to play the part of her father at the wedding so she had to tell him what happened. He asked her to come over to her former residence because he had some work to do.
"Keep up dummy!," Tenten, who had been 'helping', slapped his arm, "He proposed!," she jumped down off the desk and squealed.
Hinata blushed at the scene the older girl was making.
"Why aren't you telling your father?," Neji asked, still shocked that the kid even went through with it.
"Oh, that's the thing," Hinata blushed a little bit darker shade, "I want you to-"
"Hinata," he sighed, "I'm happy for you I really am, but I'm not your father, I can't be. Whatever happened between the two of you needs to be fixed."
"He's right," Tenten gave her a sorrowful look.
"But he doesn't accept Naruto," she almost screamed, "Nothing he says to me anymore makes sense! I don't understand why everything has to be what's best for the clan! Why can't it be what's best for me!," this time she couldn't hold it in.
Tenten and Neji stared at her for a minute, disbelief on their faces, then they turned to each other and a silent argument that he seemed to be loosing.
"I understand how you feel," he glanced at Tenten, "and I know it doesn't seem fair so," he paused, "I'll do it."
Hinata smiled, "Thank you," her voice was at it's normal tone again.
"So," Tenten grinned, "What are you gonna do about a dress?"
"Dress?"
"Yeah, you have to look the part of Naruto's bride," she elbowed Neji, who she could tell was fearing the worst.
"I didn't think about that," Hinata scratched her nose and rocked back and forth on her feet, "I haven't thought about anything pass Neji."
"Then we have a lot of work to do," the older kunoichi walked over and pulled Hinata out into the hall and down to her father's bedroom.
"What are we doing here?," Hinata whispered as if someone was there besides Tenten.
"Looking for your mom's dress," she looked around and spotted a box on top of the wardrobe, "That's seems like a good place."
She walked over and reached up, just barely touching the side and slowly moving it to the edge before it fell down to her hands, "Not big enough," she tossed it back up.
"Tenten, I don't even know what it looked like," Hinata stood by the open door.
"Hm," she looked at the walls and found a picture, "I do! You'll need to say that later," she smiled and continued her search.
Curious, Hyuuga walked over to the framed photo, slowly. She looked at it, carefully as if not to miss a single part.
Her mother was beautiful, as she remembered her to be and her father actually had a small smile.
"Hinata," his voice made her jump, "You're here."
"I'm sorry father I didn't mean to intrude," she started to leave , but Hiashi grabbed her arm.
"It's quite alright," he smiled, "May I ask what it is you're here for?"
"Hinata needs her mother's dress, her wedding dress," Tenten stepped beside the now released daughter.
"I see," he nodded and moved across the room to his closet, "Naruto finally sealed the deal, huh?"
"You knew?," Hinat raised her head.
"He asked for my blessing multiple times. Soon enough he just got under my skin," Hiashi reached up to the top shelf and pulled down a giant box.
"Now that's a big enough box," Tenten turned to Hinata, "Hinata?"
"I was wrong," she looked back, "I was wrong about father," she whispered.
"Here," he held it out for his child to take, "I know you'll look beautiful, just like your mother."
Hinata took the box and stared down at the top cover, there was dust on it, so he hadn't touched it, only surpressed the memories to hide his sorrow.
"Father I-I'm sorry," she looked back up at him, "I've said such horrible things, thought even worse things......and none of them are true."
"I do not care what you think of me. I know I was quite insensitive about your feelings for the boy and have noticed my errors in judgment. Now, I want you to take this and be happy," he placed his hands on her shoulders.
"Thank you," she nodded and blinked a few tears out of her eyes.
Tenten reached over and took the box and Hinata hugged her father.
They stayed that way for a while and then he spoke, "I'm sure you sister would love to see you before you depart again."
"Of course," she nodded and moved back from him. To ease Tenten's burden she took the box back and with a nod to Hiashi led the way out of the room.
"I'll see you later," Ten gave her a slight hug and went back to Neji's room while she continued down the hall to Hanabi's.
Hinata sat the dress down outside, knocked and when there was no reply she entered anyways.
"Hanabi-"
Her little sister was sitting up on her bed, legs tucked under body, head on the windowsill, fast asleep. The wind gently blew her hair around and the room smelled of flowers.
Looking around Hinata saw a corner full of vases that were overflowing with the beautiful plants.
She walked over and saw pieces of paper sticking in them 'To Hanabi; From K' was on every single one of them.
"K?," she questioned quietly to herself.
Then she heard shoes hitting the stone walkway outside and saw a kid she knew very well.
Hinata rushed over and hid in Hanabi's closet, watching through a crack she'd left open.
Konohamaru stood outside the window looking at her sister's sleeping face before reaching out and poking her.
She slowly woke up and it took a second for her to come to her senses, "What are you doing here this time?"
"Are you okay? I mean, of course Hinata's gone, but she's not dead," he jumped into the room after she moved from the window.
"She's farther away than down the hall," Hanabi pouted.
"Why do you care? It didn't seem like you got along much before."
"Kono," she sighed, "I was only hard on her because I knew that Naruto was strong. She'd need to get stronger to match his strength, like she wanted."
'Kono?' Hinata thought, 'He has to be K.'
"Why are we talking about my feelings again?!," she shouted and hit him with a pillow.
"Ow!," Konohamaru rubbed his nose, "Because, I want to know about you."
Hinata smiled. For some reason it reminded her of Naruto and Sakura when they were Hanabi's age. Although, with her sister as Sakura it was funny and cute while the real Haruno dampened her hopes all those years ago.
Hinata sat down on the closet floor and listened to the two argue, then agree before going back to arguing.
Soon enough she fell asleep in the darkness listening to her sister fall in love.

"Hey, Hinata!," a voice faded in, "Hinata!"
"Hm?," she scrunched up her nose and tuned in to the world, "Yeah?"
"How long have you been in here?," Hanabi asked.
The elder sibling's eyes fluttered open and she sat up straight, "Since, uh Konohamaru-chan got here."
"He left forever ago," she laughed.
"Really? What time is it?," Hinata rubbed her eyes and looked over to Hanabi's wall clock.
"Do you have to go?," her sister gripped her jacket sleeve tightly, "Can't you stay for a little longer?"
"Hana, I told Naruto I'd-," she saw the younger kunoichi's eyes loose light, "Naruto and I are supposed to discuss the wedding plans. Do you want to come with me?"
"Wedding....sure," she smiled and stood up, giving her sister room to crawl out.