Chapter 5-What happened?

Trigger warning!
Violence 🤕

Patton's POV

As Anxiety sank down, I didn't know what to think. I loved him with all of my heart but Roman was also one of my best friends and Anxiety had attacked him! But only after Roman verbally attacked him so I don't know what to think.

I got up and started to sink to Anxiety's room as Logan tended to Roman.
I traveled through the dark hallway with cobwebs and dust lingering around the walls until I reached his door. I knocked it with my usual knock and I couldn't hear him in there.
"Anxiety?" I asked. No answer.
"Kiddo are you ok?" I asked. No answer. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I gave up and walked away.

Virgil's POV

When I made it to my room, I called for Deceit.
"Yes?" he asked.
"OH MY GOD DEC!" I exclaimed.
"What?" he asked.
"I-I punched Roman!" I replied.
"Really?" he asked smiling.
"Yeah," I replied quite proud of myself.
"He didn't hurt you did he?" he asked.
I laughed and said, "Dec, he didn't lay a finger on me."
He looked shocked yet proud. I explained what happened in a shaky voice while his eyes lit up and he formed an unnerving grin.

I heard Patton's knock on the door. I looked to the door and Deceit shook his head.
"Anxiety?" he asked. I said nothing.
"Kiddo are you ok?" he asked. I said nothing again. I wanted to let him in and let him see I wasn't so bad, but Deceit's stare was dominant.
He tried to open the door but it was locked, like always.

I heard him walk away and Deceit glared at me.
"What was he doing here?" he hissed.
"I-I don't know," I replied.
"Anxiety, why did you leave your room?" he asked me.
"I-I-I," I stuttered.
"STOP STUTTERING!" he yelled.
I jumped at the loud sound and my chest tightened.
"Well?" he asked.
"Pattoninvitedmetowatchamoviewithhimandididn'tknowRomanwouldbethere!" I spluttered out quickly.

Deceit's eyes flashed yellow.
"Virgil, they are the enemy. I don't know HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO STRESS THAT POINT!"
I looked at his eyes getting yellower by the second which could only mean he was getting angrier.
"I'm sorry Dec, I'm so so sorry, it won't happen again," I cried, my whole body shaking and sweating.

He looked at me huddled over where he cornered me and his eyes immediately stopped glowing. He put his hands over his mouth and gasped.
"Virgil, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be this angry with you. I just don't want you to get hurt like I did," he said as he slowly leaned in to hug me.

As we were crying, I said,
"Dec, I'm sorry, I'll do whatever you want now, I know I've made a mistake."
"Daniel," he said.
"What?" I asked.
"I feel like if you're trusting me to be in control, I should trust you with my name, my name's Daniel," he replied.
"Daniel," I said, "I like it."
"You don't think it's dumb?" he asked.
"You're asking a guy named Virgil," I replied.
"Virgil's cool," he replied.
"So's Daniel," I said.
He looked up at me and smiled before he kissed me.

Roman's POV

As Logan was checking my arms, I stared at his beautiful, intelligent, brown eyes.
"Are you ok Roman?" he asked me.
"Hmmm?" I asked smiling.
"Are you ok?" he asked again.
"What? Oh yes yes I'm fine, I let him win," I lied. Anxiety was surprisingly angry and strong today compared to the sarcastic mess he usually is.

"Roman don't lie to me," he said, "I know he over powered you, sides like him are very strong, but if we can keep him under our thumb, we can weaken him."

I stared at him confused.
"What do you mean by sides like him?" I asked.
Logan just said,
"Oh nothing."
I just stopped thinking about it and continued to stare.
"As I was saying, if we want him to stop this behaviour we need to weaken him," he said.
"Sounds good to me," I replied.
"Don't tell Patton, he'll just try and stop us, you know how much he loves Anxiety," he explained.