Chapter 8-Secret Love

Warning:
A little bit of violence 🤕

Patton's POV

I stood there, my hair neat, wearing a blue suit and holding red and blue flowers, my hands shaking. I was going to tell him. I loved him so much. I didn't care what the others thought about him, I loved him. He should be here any minute.

He arrived right on time.
"S-sorry am I late?"
"No, you're actually-"
"Early?!? Sorry, I've ruined it now good job-"
"Hey, it's ok, you're right on time,"
He looked up at me, his tired eyes and messy hair and said,
"W-woah, what's with the fancy get up?"
"I have to tell you something,"
"Y-yes,"
"We've been friends for a long time-"
"Secret friends! R-right? You didn't tell anyone did you?!"
"No, don't worry, as I was saying, I think over time, I've developed feelings for you and I was wondering if you would be my b-boyfriend?"

He stood there for a while and didn't say anything. Then he started shaking.
"No,"
"W-what?" My heart was slowly being shattered.
"I-I can't be with you, you can't love me!"
"But I do love you,"
"But the others! They hate you! I'm supposed to hate you and I do!"
"W-what?" My voice was cracking.
"I don't like a-any if the stuff you like! I h-hate you! I'm supposed to pretend to be your friend a-and when you're not looking I'm supposed to k-kill you!"

My heart was a pile of dust. The man I fell in love with was fake! The person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with(romantically) hated me and wasn't even real! No, hate is a strong word. He doesn't know what he's saying, he's just nervous.

"Y-you don't know what you're saying,"
"Oh but I do, Patton! For once, my mind isn't jumbled and confused! I hate you! I-I'm supposed to use this blade to kill you!"
He pulled out a blade and pointed it towards me.
"P-please, put it down,"
"No more Morality means more Deceit, the man I really love!"
"No!"

I tried to run but he grabbed me I was scared for my life. I yelled,
"ROMAN, LOGAN, HELP!"
They came down almost instantly and ran towards me. Roman pulled out his sword which made the other's dagger look like a tooth pick.
"Get away from him you beast!"
"This is why we don't trust your kind!"
They lunged towards him but he dissapeared in a puff of smoke.

They both turned towards me and Roman asked,
"Are you ok Patton?"
"A little shaken up but I'm fine," Fine?! Fine?! I just got my heart ripped out.
"What's with the fancy attire?" Logan asked.
"I was trying on different outfits in my room to update my outfit,"
Logan looked a bit sceptical but just said,
"There is no need to change your outfit, Patton, you are the father figure after all and your outfit looks perfect for the part,"
"Indeed," Roman said.

I started to cry. The love of my life was fake and he tried to kill me but worst of all, I lied to my friends.

"Oh no, feelings,"
"Oh Patton, I know you must've gotten a fright, this is why we stay far away from their kind,"
For once, I didn't argue. He tried to kill me! Maybe if I didn't say I loved him this wouldn't have happened. Maybe if I never befriended him this wouldn't have happened. Why didn't I listen to the others?

Roman's POV

I sighed as I lay down on my bed staring up at the stars on the ceiling. I could imagine Logan and I sitting on my bed and Logan telling me the constellations. Why couldn't Logan have feelings? Why couldn't we be together? I scrolled through my phone and saw all of the Disney couples. Why couldn't we be like that?

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
As you drive me to my house
I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down
You and I both have to hide
On the outside where I can't be yours and you
Can't be mine
But I know this
We got a love that is homeless