Chapter 17-Freedom Comes At A Price

TW:
Violence 🤕

Virgil's POV
I was sitting with Dec watching a movie when I sensed someone in my room. My door is rock hard. They don't have keys. The only way they could've got in is-
"I'll be right back,"

Patton's POV

I appeared in front of Anxiety's curtains that had spiders on them. I'm deathly afraid of spiders. I've been in his room but I've never taken notice. It was covered in spider webs and it was dark and goomy. Quite the opposite of my room.

"Spiders!" I exclaimed.
"No need to worry Patton, that is just the pattern on the curtains," Logan replied.
"I am terribly afraid of spiders..I would like to trade places with someone," I said.
"This room is literally covered in spider webs and yet the curtains unsettle you?" Logan asked.
"Well, I literally don't see any spiders in those, Logan. These curtains are literally covered in them," I said in a shaky voice.
"Those are just silly cartoons, they're not even realistic. But if need be I will destroy them for you, Patton," Roman kindly said.
"Thanks but let's call them what they are Roman,"
"Spider curtain-"
"Creepy crawly death dealers,"
"....Ok,"
"Alright, but like, if this is his room... Where's Anxi-"
"What are you doing in my room?!?!" Anxiety yelled.

Thomas screamed.
Logan screamed.
Roman screamed (like a girl)
I screamed. But I screamed,
"Aah! I think one if them moved!"

"Anxiety? Oh my goodness I'm so happy to see you! That's weird?"
"You literally all screamed in unison upon seeing me," he replied.

"Sorry, you just do this thing where you-where you just kind of...Appear,"

"Wait! What AM I wearing? What IS my hair?" Thomas exclaimed.
"Welcome back Thomas," Roman said and he tossed him a hairbrush.

Virgil's POV

"Well, it didn't seem like I was wanted, you all made that very clear anytime I showed up," I said, not faking it.
"Wha-" Patton said.
"Except you Patton," I was holding back tears, "you're a funny guy."
"I love my dark strange son," he said smiling. There it was again. The butterflies.

"Well surely you knew we were just preparing ourselves for the worst po-"
I glared at him.
"Okay, ah...maybe I could rephrase that. We were just tensing up because we knew something bad would-"
I looked up and raised my hand in aggravation.
"Look, it's just, you're never really fun and-"
"Roman, shut up," Thomas said what we were all thinking.
"Look, I am the Creative side, not the fluffy, cutesy, kind wordsy side.. so..."

They continued bickering until I decided to but in.
"Okay, it's real sweet that you all decided to come for a visit, but if I wanted to stand around being insulted I would've just shown up in person like I usually do,"
"Aww you poor little anxious baby," Patton replied. He could be so cute at times.
He's such a cinnamon roll
Hahaha, yeah.

"Let's just face facts, you're better off without me," I said stating facts.
Um, no you're not.

"No, NO, no, no. That is where you're wrong," Thomas said.

Patton's POV

"I actually think you were right to not want me around. I've always aimed to protect you but lately, it feels like I've been keeping you from doing anything," Anxiety said. With every word he broke my heart. Is that how he really felt?

---------------------------------------------------------

"I overdo it,"
This is where I drew the line.
"You could never overdo it!'
"Mmm, well," Thomas started.
"You are perfect and special just the way you are! I don't care how dark your clothes are, you shine, bright like a diamond!" I love him. And him not feeling needed or wanted upsets me deeply.