Chapter 28- It All Comes Crashing Down

Patton's POV

He took it. He stood there, looked him in the eyes, and took it. I saw him crash to the floor and Deceit towered over him.
"Virgil!" I cried. The passion, anger, and sadness took over my body as I hurled Sadness into Paranioa. Logan and Roman shared one glance before saying,
"Dad mode."

I ran towards Deceit and threw myself at him, knocking him over.
"Pat-n n-o" I heard Virgil mumble.
I heard Deceit's chilling laugh as he threw me onto the cold, hard floor.

I stood straight up and ran towards him. He grabbed my arms and held me in place.
"P-pat,".
I looked down to his poor fragile face and forced one arm out of Deceit's iron grasp and aimed a punch at his head.
"Argh!"

I picked up Virgil and ran. Ran faster than I've ever ran before.
"Guys retreat!" I yelled.
"We can't give up now!"
Deceit was glaring at us, running towards us.
"Guys!"
"Patton's correct, we must go!" Logan yelled grabbing Roman's arm and running towards the light side.
"Where are we going?!"
"Q J C Z T G" I said every letter separately using Virgil's code. It stood for 'bunker'.

We ran towards the secret bunker and hid there. We heard them smashing things and looking for us but they couldn't find us. Logan had locked his door so they suspected we were in there.
"We'll wait," Deceit huffed and I heard their footsteps leaving.

I instantly fussed over Virgil whilst Roman and Logan asked him why he didn't fight.
"I-ca-t. S-r-y,"
"Guys!" I yelled, "he's just been shot and you're yelling at him?! Give him a break!"
"Sorry," Roman mumbled. I looked to Logan.
"Don't expect me to-" I gave him 'the dad stare' and he grew uncomfortable.
"Sorry!"
"Thank you," I smiled. I saw a faint smirk appear Virgil's cute face.
"Logan, what do we need?"
"Well for the burns well need ice, for the cuts we'll need a wet, clean cloth and they look pretty big so we'll need bandages and..."
He looked over to Virgil.
"Is anything broken?"
He shook his head but regretted it as he winced out in pain.
"Let me check,"
His breath quickened and I stood between them.
"I'm sure he'd know if something was broken,"

I turned back to him and smiled and I saw a grateful smile returning mine.
"I'll get the stuff," Roman said standing up.

He came back with the supplies and Logan got to work. This time, he avoided his left arm. He started rubbing at his cuts with a cloth and Virgil winced out in pain each time they made contact.
"Let me do it," I said. Logan sighed as he handed me the cloth.

Virgil's POV

Patton was much more gentle with me and he he cleaned me up pretty well. The burning had stopped by now but my muscles ached and the guilt wouldn't leave me alone.
Virgil come on! You could've died! What were you thinking?!
I can't fight. I can't get myself to do it. Every time I think of throwing a punch I think back to when Deceit and I were together. I don't want anyone to go through that.
Do you think Patton likes being violent?
No but-
Logan?
Well not really
Roman?
He's a Prince!
But he doesn't like seeing you get hurt or seeing any of you guys in pain but he still fights! They all do!
I try, Bob.
Do you? Because I think if you tried, you would've done it. That's not the reason. It's not the flashbacks, and it's not your failed attempts. So what is it?!
I don't want to be the villain!.........every time I get angry or have violent thoughts, my eyes glow, purple flames appear and I feel so powerful. I'm afraid that if I loose it, if I attack, if I let the anger get the better of me, it'll all be over. The others will know I'm a dark side. I'll embrace my roots, embrace my powers, and they won't accept me. I'm afraid that once they find out I'll be tossed out, saw as evil and dark. I'm afraid that I'll turn dark, I'll be the villain, and that is my greatest fear. If I loose Patton, I'll loose myself, and I'll be what I was destined to be. But I don't want that. I want to be the good guy. And if I'm violent, I may loose that.
Virgil, I'm so sorry.