Chapter 21- Moving On

Virgil's POV

In the end, we decided to go to Patton's room. A trip to the past is something I do not need.

Patton seemed to cheer up almost immediately upon entering his room but I had my suspicions.

We looked at some of his old stuff and, as I said, I felt like an archeologist that's just dug up an ancient cringe compilation.

But then, my scar stopped hurting but I felt weird. I missed the good old times when Thomas' life was perfect and he had his boyfriend and everything was fine. That's when I worsened.

This wasn't good. I closed the book and groaned. I liked having all of this power but I knew it wasn't good. This is just what he wants. Roman was busy and Patton was attempting to cheer himself up so I looked to Logan.

I didn't have to speak, I actually couldn't speak because my voice was that powerful and low voice.
"Virgil, are you okay?"
I shook my head.
"Argh! Of course! Thomas,"
"Uh huh"
"It might not have been the best idea for you to come here. Argh such a foolish oversight on my part, you are a habitual warrior,"
"Yes, I think that we established that along time ago specs," Roman butt in.
"Uh...is that, uh, bad for my room?" Patton asked.
"Well I didn't think Thomas was too different from others but Anxiety almost always has a seat at the table whenever he makes any decisions. So, I would say he worries more than considered the norm," Logan stated.

"Okay...but that still doesn't explain-"
"I know that I told you that nostalgia can make people more optimistic about their future BUT for habitual warriors, nostalgia can have an adverse affect on their overall mood. It can sometimes cause them to look back on the past compared to the present period of their lives and cause them to ruinate EVEN more on how there present situation "pales in comparison" howerever wrong that outlook may be. Their anxiety worsens," he finished gesturing to me.

Thomas let out a nervous chuckle.
"Virgil that isn't happening, right?"
I struggled to keep the power down but I still said,
"No." With that amaz-dangerous! Low voice.

Patton's POV

Everything seemed to be going great...for them. I was sure if I stayed in my room long enough I would feel better. It seemed to be working a bit.

I looked over to my old memory book, all of the happy times, why couldn't it be like that now? I had used every page of it a while ago, right when Virgil started to get along with us. Of course, he was Anxiety at the time.

Speaking of Virgil, he was acting strange. Logan wanted us to leave my room but Thomas seemed to be getting happier.

He kept on trying to bring us down. I looked to Virgil who gave me a small smile and I looked to him angrily because I wasn't going to let him leave my room just because his voice deepened.

"All of this because Patton can't let go of one person!"
With one sentence I was destroyed. He said it like this was all my fault. Maybe it was. My room has such a warm and welcoming atmosphere and staying here could make Thomas feel better and......improve me.

"Logan can you just stop!"
They all looked to me. I could feel Virgil's concerned stare at the side of my face. I couldn't focous on him.
"Please,"

"You know what?! Fine! If you don't want to listen to me this is your issue to resolve! I am outie fifty-thousand!"
"Five thousand.....?" Roman said.
Logan mimicked him.

Finally, we could get back to the good memories.

Virgil's POV

I could feel the power pulsing through my body. Staying in the past brought back the times I hated the sides and I wanted them dead. The scar sent a burning sensation through my whole body and I looked to Patton. He gave me a harsh stare and looked back to some old pictures.