Chapter 27- War

TW:
Violence 🤕
Angst 😈
Virgil's POV

The others were squabbling about the brick and possible battle strategies. Poor Patton just wanted to make peace with the other sides eventhough he didn't like them one bit.
"Maybe we've just been unfair to them, ya know? If you leave a kid in time out longer than needed, they get a bit crabby and upset, right?"

Logan looked to him with a fragment of astonishment in his eyes: it did make sense. But what could he expect from a father figure? He was no idiot.
"But that doesn't excuse them for doing that to Virgil or attacking us in the past! They're still in the wrong here," Roman said.
"But aren't we in the wrong too?"
"We're not as bad as these Dark Sides," Roman replied. The way he said it made me wanna curl up in a disappear. I wasn't a bad guy, right? I'm a good guy with dark roots. I had nothing to worry about.

But the resentment in his tone made me doubt myself: doubt everything I've done in my sorry excuse for a life. Those were my roots, I could never forget that, but did being a Dark Side mean I was the villain?

"They're not made evil," I blurted out. They all turned to face me. Logan and Roman looked like I had just murdered someone but Patton could only let a small smile creep on his face.
"See! Virgil agrees with me," he said.
"What does Virgil know? He only talked to Deceit once. He doesn't know what they're like,"
"What have they ever done wrong that you didn't deserve?! I mean, I know now they enjoy being evil and hurting others but don't you think you're responsible for that?!"

They all looked astonished now.
"You're telling me I deserved to be attacked and nerly murdered?" Patton croaked.
"Well, no b-"
"So you change the rules for Patton?"
"No!-"

Oh no.
Help!
I don't know if I can.
Bob!

"And how would you know anyways?" Roman asked starting to get annoyed. I sunk back into the sofa.
"That's what I thought," he puffed.

They continued to drill into Patton's head that The Dark Sides are evil and must be destroyed. I know that they're bad. But I know that there was a time they just wanted to talk it out. I know there was a time they felt attacked useless, slowly turning to the dark side: like me.

Patton's POV

I started the argument trying to defend the other sides. I stopped the argument fearing death.

The Dark Sides were evil. I've always known that. I know that pushing them away wasn't a very moral thing to do but at the end of the day, Thomas was good and well, and letting The Dark Sides at him now would be so dangerous.

I looked to Virgil. He looked so uncomfortable and hurt. He clutched his arm and avoided eye-contact with me.

"Now let's talk battle strategies," Logan said in his usual monotone voice. Virgil's face went red and I felt a soft blush on mine.

We talked for a long time, Virgil staying silent. He would scowl and mumble at times but I wasn't so sure it was aimed at us.

I was supposed to get Sadness, not too hard. Roman grew tense when we mentioned Creator's Block and Logan agreed he would attack him, knowing how cocky both of them were. Roman was wondering whether he should fight Deceit or Paranioa.
"Well according to the recent events of today, Deceit would go for Virgil either way," he stated. I looked to him with panic in my eyes and he wriggled around in his seat.
"Then it's settled!" Logan exclaimed.
"Everyone get into battle positions, this isn't going to be easy," Roman said a little nervously.

Virgil's POV

I could see the boarder in the distance. I stood there feeling completely isolated. I looked to the others for reassurance but they were focused on the boarder waiting for the enemy to appear.

I stared into the darkness: you wouldn't think anything or anyone was there. That was the point. Thomas 'didn't need to know' about the other sides but Deceit ruined that.

Then I heard him. His footsteps on the cold floor. I heard their laughter. I heard Cradil's scared, shaky laughter. He hadn't been hypnotised yet. He was still the little puffball I knew and loved. I saw his eye burn through the darkness. Then his face was introduced to light. I tensed up seeing him again.

They all came after him in a huddle behind. Each bringing fear to their opposing side. He snapped his fingers and the other's charged at us: including Cradil.

"Now!" Roman cried. They all ran at their opponents. I could hear his dark laugh as he looked at my horrified expression as the others fought.

I turned to face him, terrified out of my mind. They were all depending on me. I looked him up at him and embraced all of my fear, all of my anger, and all of my power.

I felt the glow return to my eyes and my hands pucked purple flames.
Virgil.
It was hard to get into this stage. To embrace my dark powers. Everyone would know. Well, they would've if they had time to look at me. They could only catch small glimpses to yell at me to fight.
Virgil.
I had to do this.
Virgil!
What?!
Be safe.
I will, thanks.
I'm just saying that if you die, I die so don't screw this up!
Way to ruin the moment.
AndbecauseIloveyou.
Awwwww.
Whatever! Just fight!

Now we're at present day. Deceit and I are having a stand-off, the others were fighting for their lives and I could feel the old power return to me.

"You should listen to your friends," he chuckled darkly.
I stayed silent and tried to build up as much power as I could.
"Well?" he said raising one eyebrow.

I brought up all the courage, all the power, and all of the motivation.

But in the moment, I froze. I couldn't stand to hurt the one I once loved so dearly.
Virgil!

"You fool," he laughed before violently hurling a flame of yellow fire towards me.

"Virgil!"
"No!"
"Virgil!"
I felt the familiar burning sensation return to my body but this one had a lot more pain to it. The burning spread fast, but it certainly wasn't painless.

I collapsed on the floor and looked up to him creating a shawdow over my body.
"Now for the real fun," he smirked.

Aaaand another chapter done! Another cliffhanger?!?! Dun dun dun! It's a little late and I'm sorry about that! I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter and as always,

Peace Out Homesickles!