Chapter 26- Rescue

TW:
Violence 🤕

Virgil's POV

I looked up to him with pure terror in my eyes. He noticed it and started laughing at his sick interpretation of fun. He aimed at me and I dodged out of the way. Or so I thought...

I rolled away from the shot that was never even aimed at me, it was aimed to the right of me, which is where I ran.

A surge of pain flowed through my body as I felt my skin burn and my eyes fill up with tears of agony.

I dropped to the floor and winced in pain clutching my aching sides. I looked up to him through my blurry vision and he grinned back down to me.
"This is only the beginning," he whispered and aimed at me once more, this time going full power.
Run!
I can't, it hurts so much!

Just then, the door came crashing down and I heard a very farmilliar voice.

"Get off him Jack The Fibber!" he yelled.
"Roman," I mumbled.

I was glad they were here to save me but now they were going to get hurt and there would be questions: so many questions.

I heard Patton gasp and I shuffled my head in his direction. I tried to smile but ended up causing more pain for myself.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up," he growled.
Roman looked ready to pounce at him at any given moment and Logan looked as furious as he was able to.

Patton still had his hands over his mouth staring at me with tears in his eyes. I didn't wish to break eye-contact with him but I was soon pulled of the floor by the scruff of my hood.

I saw Patton shift his vision to Deceit, anger boiling inside of him. Logan looked outraged and Roman glared at him with burning eyes that frightened me even though he never took his eyes of Deceit.

"I suppose this is what you came for," he stated.
"Yes, and we would appreciate it if you gave him back," Logan replied.

Roman growled,
"Hand him over, and it'll be a hell of a lot easier for you."
"And what if I don't?" Deceit asked pulling at Roman's last nerve.

I could feel his hand shaking as he held me and spoke to Roman. He may talk the talk but deep down he's still scared of the forever haunting memory of what he did that night.

For just a moment, I felt sorry for Deceit. For just a moment, I wanted to tell him the light sides weren't so bad. For just a moment, I wanted him and the others to be accepted.

But that only lasted a moment. I heard his chilling whisper say,
"Try me." before he snapped his fingers and the others came rushing in.

Stifel was the first and he looked menacingly at Roman and for a fraction of a second, I saw Roman show pure terror on his face.

Cradil was next and I'd never felt more sorry for him. I saw cuts on his face and his eyes were a stinging red from the tears. He looked over to me with apologetic eyes before Deceit snapped his fingers once more and all traces of sadness and regret were wiped off his face and was replaced by pure rage and a murderous glint to his glossy eyes.

Paranioa came last sending pure rage and hatred through my body and fear into Logan's neutral eyes. He knew what damage he could do to Thomas and he thought Paranioa was such a ridiculous thing but that didn't mean he wasn't frightened of him.

Patton was frightened the most. I saw his eyes well up with fresh tears as he struggled to get his breath. I could only be held, useless and defenseless, watching all of them suffering because of me.