These Small Feelings

-Haechan's POV-

I helped Misun put her jacket on. It hurt to always be that person who took care of Misun. At first it was okay, but I soon caught feelings. The only problem is, they're mixed feelings. The more I saw Mark hyung hurt Misun, the more I wanted to show her what she deserves.

Her focus was on the ground, and my focus was her. Her soft hair loosely flying around to the small tear drops falling down her cheeks. My heart ached as I watched her in pain.

"Thanks for coming home with me Haechan." she said through sniffled tears.

"Haechan." The way my name rolled off her tongue was gorgeous. Everything about her was gorgeous. She's gorgeous.

"Yeah no problem. I'll be here whenever you need me, love." My heart pinched.

"I know. I'm glad I have a friend like you. Always by my side. Can you hug me? I need one forever." she requested.

I chuckled at the shorter one. My arms opened and she came into my embrace. Little things like this make my feelings stronger. How dumb can she be?

She opened the door to her house and we entered the quiet darkness. "Are you cool if I knock out?" she asked. I simply nodded. "You've had a long day. Get some rest."

I followed her to her room and tucked her to sleep. What a baby. I sat on the ground besides her bed and watched her eyes close.

"Thank you Haechan. I love you, goodnight."

I sadly smiled. I waited for her to fall completely asleep before I said anything. I tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear. Her lips were this close, yet too far away.

"I love you too Misun. Goodnight."

The last thing she heard before falling into a deep slumber. Why can't I get my feelings straightened out for you? What's stopping me? Maybe the fact that she's in love with my best friend.

"I wish you would realize that I'm here for you. I'll treat you better and keep you safe. I wish you would love me more than a friend. If only you knew, Misun."

——————
Mixed feelings are the worst.