Blunt Confessions

-Third Person's POV-

Misun exit the school only to be tripped for the second time today. She looked up and there stood Seulgi again. Misun picked herself up from the ground and stood before the girl.

"What did I do so wrong to you? It's not like I forced Mark to suddenly catch feelings for me. When you caught feelings for him, did anyone hold a gun to your head and say, "Like him or I'll shoot you." No they didn't, so leave me alone. I'm fine if we're never friends again, but just let me live quietly." Misun rose her voice.

Seulgi slapped the girl. Misun hissed as the stinging of her cheek strengthened.

"Don't you try to put the blame on anyone else but yourself. It's because of you that everything is ruined. You were supposed to be my friend and let me be happy. Not go behind my back and steal my boyfriend!" Seulgi yelled causing people to stop and stare.

"Go ahead and beat me up all you want. Go ahead and spread false rumors, blame me for everything, and keep on living that perfect life you so want. But because I was your best friend, I know you're dying inside. I know you want everything to go back to the way they were, but you're too dumb to apologize and try to fix things. Instead, you're going to blame everyone else, because nothing is ever your fault now is it?" Misun stayed calm.

Seulgi snapped her again. Then another hit, and another. Misun stood and took them all. As Seulgi swung again, a hand stopped hers.

"Stop. That's enough Seulgi."
Haechan released the girl's hand.

The two stared at each other before he grabbed Misun's wrist and pulled her away. The already formed circle moved aside as they walked past.

When they reached a certain point, Misun freed her hand. The two stopped walking to face each other.

"Why did you do it?" Misun had tears already rolling down her cheeks. "I asked you a question Haechan."

"You wanted to continue being slapped and humiliated back there?" he asked.

"I could've handled it myself." she began yelling.

"Oh, so being repeatedly slapped in front of everyone is how you handle things? You're the dumbest person I know Misun!" Haechan yelled.

"If I'm so dumb then stop taking care of me! Stop being there whenever I need you or if I'm in trouble. I can handle things on my own, Haechan. I'm a grown person also!" People were giving them weird looks by now.

"I would if I could, but you're just so pathetic and always letting people step on you. You let them play with your feelings and use you whenever they want. Can't you just open your eyes and let me keep you safe?" he asked.

"I can handle it. I can handle everything on my own. I don't-"

Haechan cupped both of her cheeks and pressed his lips against hers. He softly deepened the kiss and pulled away. His hands fell from her cheeks and down to his sides.

Misun still had her eyes closed. Her arms frozen to her sides. The feeling of his lips lingered on hers.

When she opened her eyes, he was gone. She searched around but he was nowhere to be seen.

"How could he have gotten away that fast?"

Her fingers traced their way to her lips as the feeling lingered. A happy feeling spread inside her beating heart. The heat rose to her cheeks as she processed what just happened.

————
Finally.