Step Two

-Mark's POV-

I made my way up the stairs. Approaching footsteps were heard. My name was going around the whole school, and I was the new fuck boy going around. The next person who said something about me was going to catch my hands. It's been four weeks and everyone is still talking about it. Don't people have better things to do than listen to the tea going around?

The footsteps stopped. I lifted my head and there was Haechan. I gulped and looked away. The awkward atmosphere drifted in the air.

"Excuse me." he used honorifics before pushing past me. I heavily sighed as I watched him disappear without looking back.

I missed my best friend. We never spoke to each other anymore or even stayed in the same room together. It was like he completely blocked me out of his life. I wanted to apologize, but he would dip every time I entered.

Before I made it to the top of the building the bell rang. I turned back and made my way towards the front exit. A body pushed past me and shoved them out of her way. She disappeared before I could catch who she was.

"Hey Mark." Lucas walked besides me.

"Hey." I said tiredly.

"Wanna hang out today? The guys are planning to meet up." He said happily.

I smiled at the taller one, "Nah, I have plans tonight. Have fun without me though!" I ran off.

I knocked on the door. Misun appeared in front of me. We avoided eye contact and awkwardly stood there for a few seconds. "Come in." she said and giving a small smile. I entered her familiar yet unfamiliar house.

"What'd you wanna talk about?" I asked as I sat in her living room.

"Hi Mark! It's been awhile since I've seen anyone at the house." I stood up to greet her parents.

"Yeah, it has. Almost a month now." I shook his hand and gave her mom a hug.

"It was nice seeing you again. Anyways, we're going out tonight, so feel free to anything. Bye honey." Mrs. Kim said before closing the door.

"Okay listen. I know what happened a month ago was rough but-."

"I don't have feelings for you anymore, Misun. I realized it was a mistake at the time and I've come to realization that I was confused. I was scared to be honest with you. I was scared I wasn't good enough for Seulgi, so I found a way out. Sorry for using you and causing this huge fight to happen." I cut her off.

"You don't have feelings for me then?" she asked.

Oh no. "Look Misun-" "I'm so glad to hear that." she cut me off.

I looked at her, "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can fix things with Seulgi now and things will go back to how they were!" she exclaimed.

"I don't think it'll be that easy to be very honest with you. She won't believe you." I said. "How am I going to fix things with Haechan though?"

"Apologize and try to get him to listen." she suggested.

"You don't think I've tried that? The first time I tried, we almost killed each other." I gave her a "duh" face.

"I got it! Let's get us all in a room together." She snapped her fingers.

"And then what?" I asked.

Her eyes met mine, "I haven't gotten that far. Let's try to get us all in one room first."

"Deal."

—————
Will it work?