Chapter 14

It's nine at night and we finally arrive at the night club. Jon said that he and the owner were good friends back when he used to live in Vegas after College.

It took a second for my eyes to adjust to the room. The place was crowded with sweaty bodies dancing on the dance floor. There's a DJ tower at the front with neon lights glowing and private booths. I put my arm around Shana as we made our way through the crowd following Jon and Camelia who were practically glued to each other with prismatic lights flashing above us.

"There he is!" I hear Jon shout through the pulsating music. Jon points to a lean, bald African American man leaning against the bar, dressed in a dark swanky suit. He's chatting with a beautiful young woman wearing a very revealing outfit.

Jon cups his hand by his mouth and yells, "Yo Bryce!"

Bryce looks our way, "Jon!"

I've known Jon for most of my life and I've never met or heard about this Bryce. Bryce walks closer to us while his beautiful arm candy walks off. Jon claims he's in love but there he was, checking out the woman passing us. Jon and Bryce exchange hugs and...A bro shake?

Wait. What?!Jon and I never did that.

"Man, if I knew you were coming to Vegas I would have given you VIP passes to the kitty lounge at the Deluxe."

"No need, man." He replies pulling Camelia closer to him. "This is my girlfriend Camelia, my friend Ian and his girlfriend Shana. Guys this is Bryce Andel, he owns this club. "

"S'up Y'all. Welcome to Club Joche. Free drinks for everyone." He turns to the bartender, "TJ, five shots of tequila." The bartender nods and pour us the drinks.

I wave my hand, "None for us thanks."

"What? You don't drink brah?" Bryce asks raising his eyebrows.

"No, we don't." I replied.

"I don't know who comes to a nightclub and not have a drink but okay. Respect." Bryce turns to the bartender. "Yo, two Sangrias for my straight edge friends here."

"Sangria's? I guess you didn't hear me." I said raising my voice. "We don't drink alcohol."

"Dude, I heard ya. It's Sangria but without the wine. Trust me, it's great!" He hands Shana and I our non- alcoholic Sangrias, "Salute." He raises his glass and so did we. The three of them drank their tequilas like water. Bryce gave Jon and Camelia the extra shots and orders himself another. "More for us eh?"

Jon and Camelia cheer after downing the shots. Jon was clearly drunk. He lean on my shoulder, his breath stinks of alcohol, "Great guy! I-I knew him once! You don't...don't even fricking k-know!" He yells in my ears.

"Over here." Bryce mouths as he made his way over to a booth.

We made our way to our seats. Shana sits next to me, while Jon and Camelia sits across from us. Bryce sits on the arm rest drinking a beer, he starts bobbing his head to the music. His arm candy returns with a platter of beers and rest three beers and two root beers on the table in front of us.

"On the house, drink up!" He says raising his glass. The mysterious woman then whispers something in his ears. His happy smile melts. "Fuck!" He yells and kicks the chair.

"Is everything alright?" I ask because this guy was so filled with rage.

"Some asshole just rear ended my brand new car!" He shakes his head. "You guys hungry? Have some food on me. I'll be right back." Bryce said as he heads out.

An upbeat sexy song comes on and it fits us perfectly. I really don't like to dance but this song was really hitting all the right notes. "Come on babe Lets dance." I whisper in Shana's ear. She smiles and stands, I lead her to the dance floor. Her perfect body, wrapped in that shimmery dress was turning me on. We found our spot and she put her back up against me and we began moving in synch with the music.