Chapter 28

I was sitting silently in my conference room waiting for Lilith Grant to arrive. She's the other half of Super Tech, a dot com mogul who Tony Leveche, my president of Sales convinced to betray her partner to join us. Jon's dot com business has been my supporter for years but what Tony is proposing is to fire Jon and let Lilith take over, but I just can't fire my best friend.

So I told my secretary Lian to schedule a private meeting with Lilith, so I could probably convince her to team up with Jon instead. If she agrees, I would have to propose the idea to Jon to get him on board. I've been waiting for fifteen minutes and my patience is running thin. I lay back in my chair and swerve continuously from left to right. Glancing at my wristwatch each chance I got.

"Well, if it isn't the rat waiting for his cheese." A raspy female voice said behind me. I turned around and saw Sarah Macneally standing in the doorway, with her purse under her left arm and her right hand resting on her hip. She has short platinum blonde hair and is wearing a bright yellow blazer paired with a green skirt. I swear she looks like one of those Disney characters I used to watch when I was a kid.

"Sarah, what are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too, Ian. I thought I would never have to see your face again but yet here I am." She said walking towards the opposite chair and sits. "I'm here to tell you Lilith will not be joining you today. You see I found out your little plan, to get Lilith to turn her back on me. Congrats you did and I fired her and if she tries to get a job elsewhere, I've also ruined her reputation. Now everyone would know what a disloyal and traitorous person she is and they will never hire her. Surely you wouldn't want her too, with those names plastered on her belt."

"Who told you about this?"

"When your secretary called me I was surprised, cause I've already turned down your sorry ass. Then I thought who else would do anything for more money, Lilith. That bitch would do anything for money. So how much did you offered her? Two mil, five?"

"Great, so you're just here to rub it in my face then?"

She grins, "Yeah, basically." She reaches in her purse and pulls out a cigarette and lights it. "I never told you why I turned you down in the first place. As if anything I do needs an explanation. You were engaged to the red-headed daughter of that uh...Frank Smirnov. He only hires men to be chiefs in each department of his business, now if that not sexist I don't know what is. And I didn't want my business to be around that because I'm a feminist."

No, you're a raging bitch.

"Somers Enterprise is...I'm no longer affiliated with the Smirnov family, so what's stopping you now?"

She smirks, "Men, always think that they can get anything just by sweet-talking. Working with you means that we have to associate with Jonathan Wells and he's what you call... a rich playboy and a man whore and frankly I don't want him harassing any of my girls." She gets up and took a whiff of her cigarette. "It's been a real pleasure and I hope I don't have to return here after you try to bribe another of my employees." She swiftly walks out of the room.

My hands quickly curl into fists and slams on the desk. "Fuck!" This was all Lian's fault. I've had it with her, she's been messing up all week; missing calls, forgetting meeting dates and a few days ago she let a total stranger just walk into my office.

I quickly stormed upstairs with the intention of firing her. I've warned her too many times and she has finally pulled the last straw. The elevator door dinged open and passerby stare and moved out my way as walked to her desk. Luckily for her, she wasn't there. An intern was sitting at the desk. He looked up when he noticed I was glaring down at him.

"Mr. Somers, s-sir how may I help you?" He asks in a shaky voice.

"Where's Lian?" I said, impatiently.