Chapter 47

Jon, with what he's been through he still found time to plan Shana and I a bachelor/bachelorette getaway. I didn't want to leave Shana, especially in what she was going through herself but she insisted. "We must move on and never look back." Is what she told me this morning before packing her bags and leaving with Ann, a close friend from work and Camelia. She looked happy but I know her, it's just a front, she's trying to be brave. I hope being in Las Cabo, Mexico away from this drama will help her relax for our big day.

Jon, Bryce, Israel and I were going to Barbados. He was taking us on his Private jet the storm. Ever since his overdose Jon was never himself; he was calmer, soft spoken and sometimes I'd catch him daydreaming. Other times bits of his original personality would seep through to the surface and it'll remind me 'ah that's Jon.'

I was sitting next to him on the jet, he was on his phone, smiling. While Bryce was in the back cabin and Israel  watching a movie on the tv.

"We've been here for 20 minutes why aren't we taking off?" I ask Jon.

He finally looks up from his phone. "Oh, I forgot there's one more person coming."

"Who?" As I asked I heard Mark's voice greeting the flight attendant. He had a black carry on over his shoulder and is wearing a denim shirt with black pants. His eyes caught me looking at him. "What is he doing here?" I whispered to Jon.

"I didn't want him to feel left out, seeing that it's his sister's wedding and all. Plus he's cool."

"Shana and Mark are not on the best terms right now. It'll be awkward between us."

"Well it's too late now. He's already here." Mark begins walking towards us. "Hey Mark, you made it."

"Yeah, and cool jet. Thanks for inviting me. Never been on a private jet before. Wait were you guys just talking about me?" Jon and I exchanged an awkward look. "No worries, I'm used to people always talking me behind my back. No way Israel you're here too!" He walks over to Israel and hugged him.

We arrived in Barbados by noon; I could already tell we were in Paradise. The air was so clean and refreshing, breathing it felt like I extended my life span. Jon booked a five room villa where we would spend the next two days.

"Wow this place is fucking beautiful." Israel said putting down his bags.

"So this is how the other half lives." Mark said standing by the door with his hands on his hips like he was a captain sailing his own ship.

"I'm gonna go find my room so I could talk to my wife." Bryce said walking off disappearing behind the hallway.

"Whipped." Jon whispered and snickered.

"That reminds me I have to call Shana to see how she's doing." I pulled out my phone from my back pocket.

"Guys we've come here to have fun without the female folk. So let us have some fun. You guys are so whipped." Jon said in better mood than earlier.

"FYI Jon and that's why you're the only single guy here. You won't understand." I said exiting the room onto the balcony. I shouldn't have said that to Jon. He was sad and heartbroken over the break up with Camelia and I shouldn't have said what I did, it might just make him feel worse.

I open FaceTime and greeted the face of an angel. I didn't know if was the sun or the pregnancy that made her seem to glow like a goddess, but she was radiant.

"Hey babe. How's Cabo?"

"Spectacular! Look at the wave's honey." She turned my view to the waves crushing into the shoreline.

"That is beautiful. So how are you?"

"I've been better. I forgot to tell you, I patched things up with Mark though. I figured he was really just trying to protect me from more heartache. "