Chapter 46

She should be happy, I should be happy right now. We're getting married in four days but finding out your father didn't want anything to do with you just fucks things up. My heart aches watching her sitting on the couch crying and staring into space.

For the past twelve hours that couch have been her bed, dining room and comforter. Her distant ambiance makes me worried, every sigh makes my blood crawl and it makes me hate Daryl even more and Mark for keeping this secret from her.

She sits up from her fetal position on the couch. Is this it? Is this the moment that she finally gets up? She looks down at our bun in the oven and I swear that's the first time I saw her crack a smile.

"Bathroom break?" I ask staring at her from the kitchen.

She rolled her eyes up at me and flashes a dull smile, "I'm gonna take a shower."

"Want me to join you?"

"No." She forces herself up to stand and stroll to the bathroom.

Things will get better babe.

A faint buzzing alerts me, sound like it was coming from the couch. I move Shana's fluffy green blanket and found her phone. I picked it up and saw Mark was calling. My first thought was to let it ring maybe he'll stop, it did but he called again. My finger lingers over the accept button before answering the call.

"Shana please don't hang up please. That guy I met in Atlanta, he wasn't our father, our father was long gone. I didn't know what happen but he's not the same man. Please you gotta understand."

"No, you gotta understand Mark, Shana needs time to think, to heal."

"Ian? Where's Shana? I need..."

"I know you love Shana and would do anything to protect her but right now, please don't call her, unless she calls you." I hang up immediately. Shana hurriedly comes out from the bedroom putting on her famous red jacket. Her hair wet and eyes red. She pushes her feet in her favorite leather boots.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to confront him. Maybe I'll feel better when I do cause I don't feel like myself, Ian. I have to do this and I don't need you stopping me right now."

"I'm not, I'll go with you." I hug her and wipe her tears away with my thumbs, "Maybe you forgot that I'm always on your side babe."

Shana storms through hotel like a swift breeze and approaches the front desk woman who was clearly having trouble looking Shana in her glaring eyes. "Daryl Dante, what room is he in?"

"I'm sorry miss, but we can't give out our guest information."

"I understand you have to follow your rules but that man has done bad things and I need to confront him! Even if I had to go up and knock on all of the hotel doors myself. He has to hear what I have to say!"

The receptionist look at her and smiled, "Then I'll have to call security." She picks up the phone.

"Wait!" I said stepping in front of Shana. Nobody's touching my baby today.

Shana look at me and shook her head, she walked pass me and sits on the lobby couch. I must get what she wants and I just know she'll want one thing to go well today. I rub her shoulder and turn to the woman at the desk again.

She stares up at me, giving me that fake, polite smile all front desk persons are obligate to show when greeting a customer. To be honest she reminds me of Luanne; dull makeup with a pair of sad eyes. I hope her boss is treating her better than I did with Luanne.