Chapter 15

We got back to the hotel around one in the morning. Jon and Camelia were so wasted. I had to pay a bell boy to help me bring them up to the suite. We put Jon on the couch and Camelia lying on the sofa. Jon kept mumbling something in his sleep. I swear every time this guy's drunk, he can't stop yapping.

Something was strange, there's a blue blazer on the coat hanger. It smelt like booze and cologne. Who does this belong to? It wasn't Jon's because he wouldn't bring along a blazer in this Vegas heat and it wasn't mine, I wouldn't get caught dead in this cheap piece of clothing.

My thoughts suddenly went to Shana, who had left the club earlier by herself. She was so upset. I shouldn't have lied to her about my drinking. I rush to our room to see if she was there. The room was empty and the beds haven't been slept in. Her shoes, purse and other personal items were not scattered all over the room, like usual. I search in the bathroom, she wasn't there. "Shana?!" I ring her number several times but no answer. Where could she be?

Maybe some psycho kidnapped her.

If anything happens to her, I might find myself back on that bridge again.

"Dude, could you keep it down?" Jon startled me, rubbing his face by the door.

"Jon, I can't find Shana."

"I think I puked in one of those vases. Man, it burns like hell coming back up."

"Dude, not now I can't find Shana."

"She's in my room; tell her I need my bed. So what are we going to-to do about the vase man?" He looked at me with his red glassy eyes and with a droopy look on his face.

Without answering him, I rushed to his room and found Shana lying on her stomach, with her arms and legs spread out.

"Shana? Babe?" I shook her body. She didn't move, I put my index finger under her nose to see if she was breathing. A warm soft airbrushes my finger. She's alive. A breath of relief escapes my body. I went down to kiss her on her cheek but the stench of alcohol and puke made me stop.

She's drunk?

"Ian, who's that...guy in the kitchen?" Jon comes in staggering and slurring his words.

"What guy?" I immediately think of the strange blue blazer on the coat hanger.

Did she cheat on me?

"You see...that guy. Hey, you're drinking all my kombucha!" He said pointing a man with his back towards us in front of the fridge. The mysterious man gradually turns around. It's Shaun fucking Mercury here in our suite and he was alone with Shana!

What is he doing here?

"Good morning gents. It seems like you guys had a great night." He said smugly. "I was just looking for something to make Shana a hangover drink. Boy, she can drink!" He laughs. I didn't answer him. I was boiling with anger. "I couldn't just leave her at that bar alone, you know? Creeps. I had to bring her up here, to your very swanky suite. Dude! You can fit two apartments in here!" He continues and smiling. I was very antagonistic to the thought of him touching Shana and being alone with her.

My hands fold into fists as I marched toward and slam him against the fridge. "What did you do to her?!"

"Nothing man! But if she wasn't drunk...I mean...something could have happened." He grins and shrugs.

All the hate and anger I had for this guy built up finally exploded like a volcano. My right hand left his chest and I punch him across his nose. He retorts and punched me back and I fell to the floor with a bloody nose. I was disoriented and my head begins to throb.