Chapter 40

Weeks after being in the hospital, I finally got to go home. Shana hired a nurse to help me out while she's at work. Her name is Madeline, but I call her Maddie and she's been with us for a month. Maddie and I have become great friends since she's very friendly and we both have a lot in common because she grew up where I'm from. Sometimes she'll tell me stories about when she met her husband in 1980's Italy and some of her greatest moments.

Cynthia decided to stay longer while Greg went back to look after their bakery. I wouldn't say I hated having her here but...it's kind of hard recovering when there's someone here constantly worrying over every step I take and telling my nurse what she thinks she's doing wrong. It's annoying.

Sometimes I'd get a break from their constant back and forth when Jon comes over, but all he does is complain about Camelia or about some girl he took out on a date. His mom and dad visited only two times since I got out. I wouldn't blame them their very busy people, with Mrs. Wells a University Dean and Mr. Wells a supreme court Judge and Author.

The best time I have of the past few weeks of being home ridden, is seeing Shana's face every evening. When she arrives, by then everyone is gone except for Cynthia.

When Shana gets home, she really loves making dinner herself, and even insists that I send the cooks home before she arrives. I don't mind because I love seeing her in the kitchen; her face lights up, she dances to music and sings. It's like watching a show every night.

"I'm gonna make you some shrimp stir-fry." Shana said putting down her bag and pulling out her shirt from her skirt. "How are you feeling, babe?" She kisses me before making her way to the kitchen.

"I think I'm feeling a bit better today but Cynthia was on Maddie earlier. Instructing her on how her job should be done again." I slowly walk to the kitchen bar to sit.

"She's just protective, but I'll try to talk to her. She has to know that her actions are stressing you out and you don't need that right now. So, you will not believe what happened to me today."

"Is the baby okay?"

"Yes it's fine. Remember Dr. Park told us that thirteen weeks might be too early to get even a flutter? Well I was eating a bowl of fruits and soon as I ate a kiwi, I felt this little bubbling or tickling feeling inside my stomach. At first I thought it was gas but it happens again, I felt a flutter. Then it really hit me babe, I'm really pregnant. "

"Yeah you are and it suits you."

"When you really think about it, there's a baby, a human freaking being growing inside of me. I'm creating life here."

"That's what usually happens when you're pregnant babe. In another case, if it was an alien growing inside of you then that wouldn't be normal." I smile at her rediscovery of the pregnancy. She passes her hand over her stomach, admiring the tiny bump. Her glow is insanely gorgeous and I'm amazed how easily her happiness rubs off on me.

Shana started to devein the shrimps while Cynthia enters the room. Her hair slightly damp from the shower. "Hi Shana, how's work?"

"It was great. How was your day?"

"It was somewhat trying. How was yours Cynthia?"

"I'm stressed dear. Madeline isn't doing a good job at all. She keeps fixing Ian's Pillows too high and lets him walk around too often. How will he heal?"

"Cynthia, she's doing great. That's why I hired her. She came highly recommended and she knows what she's doing and been doing it for over twenty years. It's not nice that you're telling her what to do every day. You've been baking for a long time now, would you like if someone comes in and tell you what you're doing is wrong?"