Liberation Part I: September Role Models

Sierra and I returning for bowling spelled the beginning of troubling times for us. In September, Mickie's birthday rolled around. I was expecting a big party this year since she was turning 18. I realized two years ago, her family threw a raver of a party without me. Last year, it was just a boring family get together where nothing happened. This year, I was not allowed to go. Sierra wanted to do something private and special. She told me what she did after that night. The only reason why she did not tell me before is because I would be upset with her. Sierra was right. What Sierra did was hit up her old drug dealer and bought wax. She wanted to supervise her niece as she tries concentrated TLC from weed. Now here is the kicker, Mickie and Sierra smoked too much and started freaking out. Sierra came back to my parents house, where I was stay for the weekend, and began another mental breakdown. She panicked so much that she believed she was having a heart-attack. I had to spend about three hours from reassuring her she did not need to go to the hospital and keeping anything sharp away from her. It is not ideal for my boyfriend duties to involve caring for a strung out girlfriend that still clearly can not handle drugs. This is another reason why I did not want her doing drugs. Your a teacher going out and buying drugs and smoking them with her young, impressionable niece. Just last year, Sierra was having a breakdown in a parking lot because she blamed herself for her nieces addiction and fixation on drugs. You are a role model to your students and your family. When you decide to act irresponsibly, the impressionable minds around you that look up to you will certainly follow your lead. What kind of aunt hooks their niece on drugs? It is really your fault that she is trying to hook up with minors and meeting questionable people for her quick fix. Not too long ago, Sierra found herself in trouble the last time she went to Angie's house. She secretly went over there to smoke some weed with her family. Instead of being responsible like her nephew Matthew is when he smokes recreationally, Sierra takes too many hits and gets a panic-attack. She has done this before. Comes home freaking out to the point of her body's shutting down out of fear and I have to nurture her. That instance was where I had to keep her from bashing her skull in because she kept hitting her head against my window and wall. So why continue to do any sort of drugs when she should know by now that she has not had a safe high since...ever? What is the appeal when you come out worse from the high then going into it? I questioned why I stayed with her, but I love her.