I Still Care...

Johnny's POV
7:30am. Time to get up. I go on my phone and see three missed texts from Nadia.

Nadia 💋🙄: Hey babe ;) Missing ya. You should've made it to my party. See ya later hun xx

Nadia 💋🙄: Night babe ;) hope you sleep well without me

Nadia 💋🙄: Morning darling :) See you at school sexy.

I roll my eyes. Nadia Turner. A girl made up of brattiness, cakey makeup and cheap perfume. Why am I with her? She's head cheerleader and I'm super popular. I know, I know, totally cliche. But it's high school. My finger presses the photo album and I scroll through until I find what I was searching for. I look at the picture with slight sadness.

 I look at the picture with slight sadness

I look at her and miss her. After everything I still love her. Her warm smile, her personality, her love, her touch. I miss it all. I tear up. It was all my fault. I threw away everything and broke this perfect angel. I slide out of bed and take a shower. I throw on some clothes and did my hair.

 I throw on some clothes and did my hair

Lauren - L
Johnny - J
Mackenzie - M

L: John!
J: What!
L: Leaving in 20!
J: Ok, coming

As I pack my stuff for school my eyes glance over to the window. Mine and Mackenzie's window are right opposite each other's. I stare at Mackenzie. Despite her dull outfit, she looked amazing. As I watch her, I notice tears falling from her eyes. All I wanted to do was run and hug her and comfort her. Her heavenly chocolate brown eyes stare into mine. Before I could say anything she shut her curtains. I sighed and walked downstairs.
L: Kenzie's coming so we can walk to school together. Don't even look at her. I don't want you to make her feel worse.
J: Alright chill! I won't!
L: Good

Mackenzie's POV
I knock on the door, hoping Johnny left for school already. The door opens and I'm enveloped in a hug by my bestie.
M: Hey  lolo!
L: Kenzie!
L: Come sit for a bit. We'll leave soon
M: Sure!

Johnny's POV
Kenzie comes in and I couldn't take my eyes of her. I miss her so much. If it wasn't for my mistake everything would be ok. Me and Kenzie have been best friends for five years. Two years ago we started dating and it was amazing. It was everything and more. She was everything. Three months later, Nadia kissed me and Kenzie saw everything. I despised Nadia for that. Kenzie forgave me but fate seems to hate me as Nadia kissed me once more and as I was pissed stupid drunk, I didn't pull away. I know stupid. Instead of having a beautiful, smart, talented, kind, amazing girl, I ended up with a bratty, fake, mean, cold excuse of a girl. Harsh but that is her! That was also another pathetic reason why I now have Nadia as my girlfriend. Kenzie never forgave me and we broke up. Last year, she started dating Hayden Summerall and he crushed her heart as well with none other than Nadia Turner. We don't even talk anymore and I regret it everyday. A tear falls from my eye as I think about all my mistakes and the times me and Kenzie had together. All the laughs and the late nights pouring out our hearts, the cuddled up movie nights and the times we were giggling away as we attempted to do homework. As I look up mine and Kenzie's eyes meet. Her eyes show that she's deeply hurt. Tears brim her eyes and I couldn't take it. She looks away and Lauren whispers to her. I couldn't hear much but I heard bits and pieces.

L: When was the last time you did it?
M: Two days ago
L: Why didn't you text me?
M: I'm sorry Laur. I just had to and I couldn't bother you
L: Have you eaten anything?
M: Yes...
L: Kenzie...
M: Ok I haven't!
L: When did u last eat?
M: Yesterday morning
L: Kenzie!
M: Sorry! I just didn't feel like it!
L: Eat something now?
M: I don't want to
L: Please?
M: Fine! Just stop the puppy dog eyes alright!
L: Love you
M: Love you too!

Song
Issues by Julia Michaels
One of my faves