Chapter 34: Blake

"So I went to my therapist today." I've been seeing a therapist this past week. I don't know why, but Ma says it's to help me mentally deal with the cancer-thing. Like I haven't been doing that for the past two years, but now it really seems to count because I'm well and truly dying.

"And how did that go?" Aimee and I are in English, it's Tuesday which means I only have a half day. Ma had me exempt from Gym a couple of weeks ago, man it's the best thing not having to run across a court for two periods. Aimee hates me for it.

"Yeah alright I guess, she wants me to write a bucket list." Aimee doesn't respond straight away, she is busy taking down notes- I tend to prefer paraphrasing but Aimee writes everything word-for-word. She says it drives her insane otherwise.

"Okay, what are you thinking about putting on there."

"Well my therapist suggested meditation and –" Aimee drops her pen.

"You're kidding me right?" I laugh.

"No, I'm really not, she even suggested that I write a book." Aimee puts a hand over her mouth to hide the fact she's laughing.

"Wow. That's just sad."

"Yeah and I mean a book takes professional authors years to write, I have 5 months what does she think I am; a prodigy?" Aimee shakes her head in disbelief. When she speaks her voice is almost sad though.

"Don't get me wrong I agree with the whole bucket list thing, but it should be about what do want to do. Right now, you should be focused on doing what makes you feel happy and make the most of the time left." She closes her eyes tightly for a minute, I can tell she is holding back tears. She continues to write.

"Hey." She doesn't respond, "Hey." I stroke her cheek lightly to get her attention. She reluctantly turns her head.

"Aimee I don't care how I spend my time. As long as I get to spend as much of it with you. Okay? You are what makes me happy." Aimee smiles sadly as she finishes up her notes. We are done for the lesson. As she is packing up her books she leans over to me.

"So, I think I have an idea..." I turn to face her.

"I'm all ears." She bites her lip gently and shrugs her shoulders.

"How about a music gig?" At first I don't say anything so she elaborates. "Well I mean you definitely can perform, and what a better way than in front of an audience. Show them just what you are capable of." I think on it for a moment. I mean, the idea isn't horrible.

"Okay then, music gig is bearable, better than fucking meditation." Aimee nods.

"Anything is better than fucking meditation."