Epilogue: Aimee

So, I graduated school today Blake. It's been a couple of months now since you died. It still hurts but it's getting more bearable each. You would have laughed at the speech ceremonies, they were all talking about how our school experiences have shaped us into the people we are today and how we have all made our mark here as students. Bullshit. It's so bullshit I can't stop laughing. But I went along with it, signed our name on the plague that will be hung up in the library along with all the other years of graduating students.

I miss you, I wear your beanie a lot, I see why you never wanted to take it off it's really soft and warm. I applied for college, I'm going to study to become a councillor. I don't really know why, I guess you inspired me to try and help other people. Or maybe I just wanted to feel like I was doing something productive with my life.

Truth is Blake, you have taught me so much about myself in the short time we spent together. I can't thank you enough for that. I love you, I will keep loving you forever I swear. I am going love you and live for you. Who knows? I might travel the world, write a book, go skydiving, I don't know. Really, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, or who I am going to share it with. But as I throw my graduation cap into the air and watch it fall upon the ground I promise you, wherever I am and whoever I am with, it will be amazing.