"Come On, Babe, It's Only Foreplay"

My alarm clock stabs through my dreary cloud of sleep. All I hear is "Feels Like Forever" blaring in my ears.

Oh what a terrible way to wake up.

I stretch painfully and force myself to leave my warm serenity underneath my comforter. Lucky for me I already have my clothes planned and ready. I throw on a black off-the-shoulder top, tucked into a blue and black plaid skirt with knee-high black tights and garters.

Throwing my blue hair up in a high ponytail, my fingers tease my bangs into a less-than perfection style. Just like always.

I start to pack my bag and cover myself with my huge sweatshirt that falls just past my butt. I step into black studded combat boots and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The minty toothpaste in my mouth starts to wake me up. The real wake-up call, though, is the icy water to wash my face.

Then reality is thrown at me.

I jog down the stairs past my mother, trying to avoid her nasty to comments. But to no avail, she catches me.

"You're really ugly, did you know that?"

I nod to avoid argument, I'm really not in the mood to deal with her.

"You're fat too, I don't tell anyone about you because I'm ashamed of you."

Another nod and I exit the house.

I've learned to not even listen to her treacherous comments.

As I enter the school, I start my routine. There's no sign of Jenny or any of her posse, but I know I'm not safe until I'm seated in the back row of health class.

I move like a poorly trained ninja, but manage to make it to my locker. I throw my books into my bag and slam my locker shut. The 'click' of the lock signals my departure and I break away to my class.

"You need help, you fat bitch," Jenny laughs.

Shit.

"But yet I recall you were the one who stayed out of school for a month because of STDs," I retort.

"You need to get your facts straight, you little slut," her friends laugh at her minor name calling.

"Virgins can't be sluts, so that makes you a slut," I snap back.

God that was a shitty comeback.

"I'm not a slut, I'm loyal to my boyfriend," she says proudly.

"Is that why your boyfriend goes around hitting on other girls?"

Oops, teehee.

"What?!" Jenny screeches. Her whole group lurches away from her at the sudden noise.

I take this as my chance to run and slip into class. Fixing my skirt I slide into my normal seat and wait for Jenny to come strutting in.

But she doesn't.

That's when I hear yelling, it's vague, but I can make out the words.

"What did she mean 'hitting on other girls'?!" Jenny screams.

"I don't know what she's talking about, Babe!" Brad says in defense.

"You're a filthy liar!"

"Jenny, you know how much I adore you," He says in a calm tone.

"I know, but she sounded super serious," Jenny says in a pouty way.

"Come on, Babe, let's go to class," Brad says.

A heartbeat later they walk in hand-in-hand and sit down in their seats.

The clock ticks a minute by and class begins.

"Okay class, I've decided this year we will be learning from all different types of 'educational films'," Ms. Jackson starts, "the first is called "Love Is More Than Intercourse", this is one of my favorites."

Dear God, this can't be good.

She pulls down the screen and puts a disc into the projector.

Is she fucking humming?

"Enjoy," she says with a smile and gradually strides out of the classroom.

The whole class began a repetition of yesterday, but I didn't want yesterday. I didn't want Brad to stop me in the hall again and scare the bejesus out of me. I wanted to be safe. So I went to the bathroom early this time.

How long has it been?

I had been pressed against the bathroom wall for a long time now. I knew I shouldn't hide, but this is all I can do to avoid Brad.

Come one Cassie, deal with it.

I leave the bathroom with a new sense of safety.

Only to have that safety taken and torn apart.

"I knew I could find you," he whispers in my ear, "I'm glad you decided to put your hair up today," he says with a low laugh as he rips off my hood.

I feel his disgusting lips press against my bare neck and I immediately pull away.

"Come on, Babe, it's only foreplay."

That's when I run.

I run through the classroom door and hurry to my seat. Gladly everyone is too busy to care.

Except for Jenny.

Jenny gives me a death glare as I return to my sit in a hurry. Then Brad walks in.

And the reality of the moment finally hits her.