"You're Killing Me"

DISCLAIMER: I'M VERY SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE. AFTER A WEEK I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I HAD TO MAKE THE CHAPTER EXTREMELY LONG SO YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE A LOT MORE TO READ AND WOULDN'T NEED AN UPDATE SO SOON (CONSIDERING YOU GUYS DON'T READ THIS IMMEDIATELY). AGAIN, MY BIGGEST APOLOGIES FOR BEING A COMPLETE AND UTTER DOUCHE CANOE. I BLAME THE DELAY ON BLOODFARTS. (I LOVE YOU IF YOU GET THIS REFERENCE)
-

Cassie's POV

The rest of the day was a complete and utter blur.

How can he like me?
No. He doesn't like me.
He's a fucking player, you moron.
"You're just a player who fucks girls for fun and then breaks them into pieces!"
He. Will. Break. You.
You can't be broken again.
Derek destroyed you.
Derek was a monster.
Luke will do the same.

I sigh and look out at the cloudy sky.

"Hey, Cassie," a voice sounds behind me.

I turn around and see Kade, with a simple half-smile, shifting in his backpack strap.

"Hi," I mask my confusion and discomfort with a matching half-smile.

"I was wondering....remember when I told you about my band? Careless Cavalier?"

"Yeah?"

"Well...we have gig tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come..."

"That'd be great," I say, slightly distracted by Luke walking across the courtyard to his car.

"Really?! That's amaz- er, I mean, cool."

"So what time is it at?"

Luke's POV

I glare angrily at that bitch talking to Cassie.

What the fuck are you even doing? You're so awkward and mean. Fuck stop being a jealous asshole, Luke, stop that.

I sigh and pretend to not care as I stride over to my car.

Guess it's pizza, video games, and anime for me tonight.

Starting the car, I put my phone on shuffle and immediately "Oh Well, Oh Well" by Mayday Parade starts playing. I almost start breaking down at the song that's helped me get over so many feelings and so much pain.

"When you're alone, do you think of me and my diamond ring's thrown out to sea? And when you love, do you love for me-?" I stop singing.

No. You don't. You can't love me, you won't love me, and I need to not want you to love me. This can't happen again, I won't let you destroy me.

"Oh well, oh well. I still hope for the best. Say goodbye and send me off with a kiss farewell. And I promise to be just as strong as I can be-"

I feel steaming tears burn the edges of my eyelids and squeeze the breath out of my tearducts.

Not another car crash, Luke. Pull the fuck over.

I twist the wheel, leading my stupid, fucking car towards my happy place.

"And I'll just smile, and make believe, I don't feel a thing, that doesn't work for me."

I take in a shaky breath and enter an abandoned parking lot that holds more sadness and hope than any home. Parking the car, I slam my head against the steering wheel and try to breathe. Thankfully, no tears will leave my eyes, but neither will the carbon dioxide in my lungs.

I finally take a deep breath, only to choke at the words flooding my ears.

'Tell your new friends, that no one knows you like I do.'