"She's Too Good For All Of Us..."

Cassie's POV

"Jesus Christ, this line seems like it will never end!" Kade exclaims, impatiently crossing his arms over his chest.

I half-smile, "Kade, it's fine, it's literally a concession stand, who cares if the line is long?"

"I'm starving!" He yells again, tapping his foot with agitation.

Well then why didn't you eat before we left?!

I shake my head and sigh, "The game isn't for 10 minutes, we'll be fine."

"I don't care about the game! I just want some damn food!"

I stay silent, not even bothring to respond to his moronic exclamations. He holds my chin and turns my face towards his.

"Look, I'm sorry, Cassie, you know how I get when I'm hungry," he gives me an apologetic look and I give in.

"Fine, but you're buying me a pretzel."

He laughs, "Okay."

The giant group of girls finishes their order and only two people remain in front of us.

"Okay, what are you thinking of getting?" He questions, pulling his phone out his pocket and checking it.

"Hm..." I begin, gazing across the menu above the guy working there, "probably a water and that pretzel you owe me," I finish, giving him a playful wink.

"Cool, I'm going to get a slushie, some popcorn, maybe even a pretzel too, they look delicious..."

I laugh at his hungriness and wrap my arms around his waist. We step up to the orderer as the person in front of us finishes.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A tired-looking, black-haired guy asks.

"Yeah, hi, can I have two pretzels, salted, an extra-large cherry slushie, a water and an extra-large popcorn?"

"Yeah, do you want your popcorn buttered?"

"Hell yeah, I want my popcorn buttered!"

The guy shakes his head and gets the food. I glance at his name tag:

Hello, my name is:
Alex :P

He hands Kade everything but the water.

"I'm guessing this is for you?" He says, handing me the bottle.

I smile and nod as Kade pulls on my arm. Grabbing the bottle, we walk towards the stand.

"Only 2 more minutes till the game!" An excited girl smiles, jumping up and down with her two friends.

A grin spreads across my face as we find a spot on the bleachers.

The teams start running across the field, obvioulsy amped for the extremely important game they're about to participate in.

"Hey! There's Luke!" A girl behind us screams as Luke jogs onto the field with a bright smile.

"And James! Ooooh, James!" Another girl cheers, as a blonde-haired boy runs after Luke, slinging his arm across Luke's shoulders.

"They're the team's captains," Kade explains.

I nod and open my water, watching the rest of the team run on.

I choke on the liquid about to go down my throat as I see him run onto the field.

"Derek..." I whisper.

"What was that, Babe?" Kade asks with a tone implying that he couldn't care less.

"Nothing, just talking to mysef," I lie, staring at the boy who destroyed me only a few years ago.