Chapter 1- Flashback Attack

Virgil's POV

I stood there, my hands puking purple flames and my eyes glowing the same colour. Getting back into this state was hard for me. It brought back snippets of the past that attacked me all at once showing me punching Roman, battling with the dark sides, fighting Logan. I only saw small parts of each memory as I tried to block them from my thoughts and pretend they never happened.

Their shouts circled my head and replayed over and over in my thoughts like a broken record.
Virgil, attack him!
What are you doing? End him! End this war!
Stop wasting time, don't just stand there, fight like a man!

My whole body was shaking as I heard his laugh. It was the same laugh that sent shivers up my spine. The same laugh that made my hairs stand on end. The same laugh that made me want to turn around and run away and pull the covers over my head and go to sleep forever. But when I saw Roman trying to look brave in the face of danger though he was scared, as I saw Logan trying to find a pattern in his opponents fighting whilst trying to fight back, as I saw Patton doing one of the things he dislikes the most, fighting and hurting another side instead of reasoning, I knew I had to do it. No matter how scared I was, no matter how much I didn't want to do this, no matter how much I knew this would affect me, I had to do this. For Thomas and the others.

I stared at him, palms sweating, heart racing. His outfit hadn't changed since the first day I saw him. His polished, black shoes, his black trousers, his black button up with gold chains, his yellow gloves spouting yellow flames, his black cape with a yellow trim (though I think it's got bigger and longer along with his evilness and ego), his menacing smile, a smile that used to hold joy everytime he saw me, now twisted with betrayal and evil, his black bowler hat and right in the middle, his eyes.

His eyes. Eyes I used to dream about. Eyes I used to stare into for hours. Eyes that once lit up with joy now lit up yellow with anger. The colour frightened me as it was a painful reminder of when he slowly got twisted with hatered and he took it out on me. When I stared into his eyes more, I got lost in the past and it all came rushing back as if it had just happened yesterday.

OK so that's the new chapter 1! What do you guys think? I hope you don't mind my decision and liked this chapter. It's shorter than my other ones but I thought it would fit nicely for what I have planned for future chapters. As always,

Peace Out Homesickles!