the worst rant of all

i will most definitely get backlash from this heckin unpopular opinion hehe

idk if i actually mentioned this before but if you follow my instagram i have mentioned this MANY times

i don't like klance. i don't understand it! it's almpst as bad as erisol to me almost being kind of. erisol is really bad.

amyways i get that keith and lance's relationship has developed from hatred to tolerance then eventually respect but outright romance and (shudder) sexual relationships??? pushing it.

all the "proof" of klance's existence that's been shoved down my throat are HUGE reaches like "omg look how lance's face was drawn in this singular frame" or "listen to keith's tone of voice at 10:32 in episode three of season two" or whatever.

i just don't get it!!!

90% of the klance shippers scare the living shit out of me tbh. they're so desperate for those hawt yaois that they threatened the people at dreamworks and aggressively bash other people's ships. they show little to no acceptance towards actual canon things that are new or have been there since the beginning of time (lance's very obvious crush on allura, keith and hunk's sudden strength in their relationship in the latest season, and apparently people are shipping lance and kinkade now???)

with the latest season(s) voltron has really opened it's doors to the shipping possibilities. prior to this there were little to no allusions to even hint at a romance of any kind (aside from lance's crush on allura and hunk's attitude towards the lovely shay)

this is actually something i'm really happy about, personally, because it is just so nice to see a show directed towards children that doesn't make the plot or subplot directly about romance for-fucking-once.

i don't actually have any strong opinions about the ships of voltron, just an abhorrence towards any noncanonical ship because

1) it isn't canon

and

2) i like the lack of romance stop forcing romance

and

3) THIS PLOT IS REALLY COMPLICATED THE IS NO ROOM FOR ROMANCE

what i REALLY want from voltron is for them to give shiro a fucking break god damn. the boy needs a nap he's been through a lot :(

on a semi-unrelated note:

the terrifying 90% of klance shippers just makes me downright uncomfortable, as most "gay/yaoi shippers" do. this is because i myself am a homo, and the way they shippers often go about their passions goes dangerously into fetish territory.

when i brought this up with actual klance shippers i always got mixed results. there were people who were actually reasonable, saying they wish there was more representation and they gave reasons why they liked the ship, and there were others who actually threatened me in ways that didn't actually intimidate me at all :/

one account i had with an angry klance shipper was them calling me straight (???) and saying that i pretended lgbt people didn't exist and only thought of them as sexual (?????????? contradictory)

which were things i was actually accusing them of, actually. (the seeing lgbt people as sexual fantasies and fetishes, that is. that's what i accused them of.)

the dude's profile picture looked like this

with a fucking snapchat filter on it so you already know what kind of person it was (main form of comedy is quoting black women on twitter and vine compilations)

like there are people who ship klance that i'm cool with. the people who don't do it to satisfy some kink or blindly attack anyone who disagrees with them. i hope that they're the kind of people  the klance community gets known for, instead of the trademark toxicity that they're currently presenting.

(final note: if someone's bi then they like men AND women. if a bi guy likes a guy he's still bi. if he likes a girl he is STILL FUCKIG BI.)