PONYBOY

if you pay attention to me on the homestuck/hiveswap amino you would know that i made an AU called spookystuck which is basically if taz amnesty, homestuck, and stranger things melded together somehow and also took ten shots of vodka

anyway here's dirk

Dragging your feet, you follow Dave down the hallway like a seven year old getting dragged by his mother to a parent-teacher conference. It's fine, mom, we don't need to ask Mrs.Crabapple about my grade in algebra I swear I'm doing great in that class. What do you mean you got a e-mail from her saying I was failing? She probably just wants to— You're spending way too much time with Dave.

What you thought were small tremors in the Earth were actually the pulses of electronic music, if you could even call it that. The screeching instruments roar behind the closed door of what you expect to be Dirk's room. Dave knocks a couple times. No response. Dave knocks again, harder. Nothing. He cautiously opens the door.

The music blasts outwards, pounding in your chest and eardrums. The room is dimly lit save for several desk lamps surrounding a hunched figure sitting at a workbench. Impeccably spiky blonde hair sticks up over what you assume to be a welding mask, and sparks fly over the figures shoulders, one of which is sporting the most ridiculous tattoo you've ever seen. This must be the infamous Dirk Strider.

"Bro," Dave says.

"Bro!"

"DIRK."

He looks over his shoulder, and you can almost feel the irritation in his gaze through his thick welding mask. Dirk turns down his music and lifts up his mask, revealing a pair of pointy anime shades. That can't be good for his eyes.

"What's up, Dave? I'm kinda in the middle of something right now."

"John and I are gonna go meet Jade in the woods."

"Uh-huh," Dirk mumbled, already turning back to his work. "You guys gonna stay out late?"

"Probably."

"Will an adult be there?"

"Does Jake count?"

"Absolutely not."

Both boys went quiet. Dave's intently stared at Dirk's back, as if he was trying to send him a telepathical message. Dirk put his mask back on and, as if on cue, he spoke once more.

"Be back before nine."

"Thanks, Dirk," Dave grabbed your arm and pulled you out of the room. You desperately tried to get one last peek at whatever the fuck Dirk was working on in there, but he was already turning his music back up. Dave pulled the door shut and rushed you outside.