Chapter 1: Wasted Summer ✓

   I woke up, and after a few seconds of trying to figure out who and where I am, I realized three things at the same time

One, that my cat's tail was almost in my mouth. Two, that Vikky was banging on the door. Three, that my dreams were all about school. I pushed Oscar aside earning a muffled protest, and with a deep sigh untangled myself from my sheets.

'' I'm up! Stop banging on the damn door!'' I shouted at my sister, hearing her giggle.

'' Mom! Iris said a very bad word!'' I heard her shouting on her way downstairs. I groaned.

I got up, stretched my sore muscles, cursing at the fantasy novel that I absolutely don't regret staying late at night for. Staring at myself in the mirror, I sighed again. My brown curls were all over the place, my eyes puffy with dark circles underneath, my skin nearly gray from the lack of sleep. I rolled my eyes. I was not going to care for my appearance in a day where my outside activities will be limited to water the few plants on my balcony.

Well, and peering if the hot teacher living at the end of the street is out to walk his dog yet, not that it's relevant.

I proceeded to go on with my normal morning routine, but instead of styling my hair, I put it in a bun for obvious reasons, kissed Oscar good morning, followed by a search party for my glasses. Yes, I wear glasses and yes I tried contacts but after many disasters I avoid them unless absolutely necessary. I actually like myself with glasses for some weird reason.

I headed downstairs, when I neared the kitchen, the smell of coffee and pancakes greeted me, and a little smile stretched my lips at the familiarity of it, but it faded as soon as it appeared hearing the noise and chaotic conversations. Another sigh.

''Good morning'' Mom said quickly over the fight Will and Vikky were picking. I grumbled a response, eyeing hungrily the pancakes. I filled my giant mug with black coffee, which was almost knocked over by my two siblings.

Are you wondering by now why I live in such a mess? Well because I'm the oldest of five siblings. See when I was three, the idea of having siblings was amazing to me, I would have who to play, watch TV and have tea parties with, without having to invite those evil girls from the neighborhood that used to boss me around like a maid. Then my sister was born and we became an inseparable duo, I just didn't expect the three little devils that followed. As much as I love them, most of the time I want to scream my frustration at the top of my lungs.