Chapter 18: A PARTY! (part 1) ✓

Do you know that moment when you have a lot of open tabs inside your head, so your thoughts are just accumulating and clashing against each other making it impossible to think straight

My head has been like that for a week.

I was thinking about Hannah and what she meant by making a "deal".

I was thinking about my friends and how my doubts hadn't disappeared like I hoped.

I was thinking about the night Chris gave me a ride home and I dwelt on how to feel about his attention.

I was thinking about my feelings about Sam and if I should come clean for me to move on.

I was thinking about Asher and how we seemed to be friends now, and how amazing that evening was in the tree house.

I was tired of thinking.

Suddenly an idea popped in my head like a bright light bulb. I slam my hand on the table.

"You what we need?" I say to my alarmed friends. "A PARTY! We need a party!"

I saw the excitement in their eyes as they thought about it.

"Exactly! We went through so much these past days we definitely need a party." Says Sapph followed by the others agreeing with her.

"We're gonna party friday night in my house!" Says Jacob fist raised. He got up on the chair and turned to the students in the cafeteria. Oh no I didn't mean inviting the whole school.

"YOU'RE ALL INVITED TO MY PARTY ON FRIDAY NIGHT." He yells at the top of his lungs. There was a lot of "Yes!" and "Woo hoo!" in response.

Well always count on Jacob for the theatrics.

******

I was so grateful that my mom and I were on good terms by the end of the week, I've been so careful not to make her angry again. So when I asked her to go to my "a little get together with my friends" she agreed right on the spot, no questions asked.