Chapter 29: Best Alternate Universe

 "Treehouse? Ris x"

"Treehouse? Ris x"

It has been the first time I sent our code, because I wanted some privacy to apologize -without our mothers snooping and giggling like school girls each time we hold hands or look at each other- I've felt so guilty for going off on him while all he's wanted was for me to share with him my troubles.

I knew I wasn't ready to reveal to him everything from my past, the idea of being that exposed to anyone scared the hell out of me, but I was ready to make the effort of telling him how I feel. After all he has a past too, and all I knew about it was that something happened when he moved to Washington, that he was bullied there and that he saw a therapist for years (I heard his mother talking about it).

Now I was snuggled in his arms after him telling me to 'shut up and hug him'.

"Seriously I'm sorry, I don't-" The rest of my words were muffled by his hand pushing my head firmly to his shoulder.

"For the millionth time I'm not mad, okay? I was just frustrated." He strokes my hair and I relax. "And I wanted an apology kiss, which I got." I felt him nod his head as if congratulating himself and I was sure that cocky smile was on his lips again.

I pinch his neck, making him squeal like a little girl.

"Ow! So aggressive! honestly Ris I hope you're like that in-" His sentence was cut short by another of my vicious pinches. "I'm never hugging you again." he lamented pulling away from me. I pout and cross my arms. "Oh never mind, come back here."

I never expected to be in such a effortless relationship, it's like our previous friendship we had added a beautiful depth that made everything feel natural and right between us.

"Do you realize we've became John and Johanna? The stuffed bunnies?" I ask.

He laughs and I still feel like I won a prize, despite him laughing around me all the time now.

"Should I be concerned that you're thinking of stuffed bunnies while you should be thinking about your undying love for me as I hold you in my strong muscular arms." He said in a voice of ballad narrator.