Chapter 16: Dear Old Hannah ✓

Did you ever get the feeling that whenever you're absent, unusual exciting things happen?Like if you miss a family gathering, your cousin dyes her hair shamrock green, and her parents fight and throw dishes at each other and your aunt gives birth ...

Like if you miss a family gathering, your cousin dyes her hair shamrock green, and her parents fight and throw dishes at each other and your aunt gives birth to a triplet in the kitchen floor? While usually those same family gatherings are so boring and you just spend them on your phone tweeting about killing yourself if nothing exciting happens within 2 hours?

This is exactly how I feel right now.

Not the family thing though, it's always boring for me...

I've been grounded for a week now, and life couldn't be any more exciting to my friends. Lunch break has been transformed to a session of recalling all the amazing things they did, and the amazing places they've been to.

I was experiencing FOMO in all its glory.

How come the week that I couldn't go out of this prison-like house, my friends have watched Sam in a boxing competition, Ben's grandfather invited them to a tea party, Hudson met them looking pretty miserable and tried to apologize about being a jerk and that his girlfriend dumped him, they discovered this place that sells I quote "The best waffles since men discovered waffles", they invented new jokes that I completely didn't understand and no one has once said that they missed me.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said quickly then grabbed my backpack running out before I hear another thing that happened and to chase away the weird feeling that creeps its way to my heart tightening it. The worst part is that I play it cool and unbothered, even if inside Asher's words still play on repeat and I find myself analyzing their every movement, their every glance and I hated it. 

Thankfully the restroom was empty, the last girl in there just got out.

I washed my hands lookimg at my face in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw. Those dull eyes full of hurt and haunted by insecurities.

"Look there bitch, you're going to get your shit back together. Your friends don't need to shower you with attention all the time. Seriously where is your independent strong spirit?" I said at my miserable looking reflection.