Chapter 33: Asher's Secret

*TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF SEXUAL ABUSE, RAPE AND SEX

*TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF SEXUAL ABUSE, RAPE AND SEX. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.* THE TRIGGERING PART WILL BE MARKED WITH '......' AT THE BEGINNING AND AT THE END. SKIP IF YOU LIKE, THE STORY WILL STILL MAKE SENSE.

I was going to tell him

It might've took me a week to say it in my head without wanting to run, but better late than never right?

I was falling in love with Asher, and I was going to tell him exactly that.

I had this beautiful speech -that I might've practiced several times in the mirror- where I apologize for totally freaking out after he told me how he felt about me -I went silent like a rock after he did- then I tell him about all the amazing things that I love about him, and conclude by how I reciprocate his feelings.

Our love might be different from my parents' after all.

I was styling my curls, preparing to go to Ash's house when I heard my phone ring.

That's definitely Jacob calling about calculus homework. I ignored it, I'd send it to him later after I tell the guy that I love how I feel. God that word still made my heart pound against my rib cage. Damn it heart, please stick to your normal rhythm.

I checked my appearance in the mirror, I looked presentable enough. This burgundy overall mini dress was my lucky charm, and it didn't hurt that I felt beautiful and ready to conquer the word in it.

My phone rings several times more and I decide that it was best to leave it in my room, the last thing I needed was an interruption that would make me forget my precious speech.

I rang the door several times, a dark feeling taking over me. I couldn't explain the sudden change in my mood, I felt fear, apprehension, and panic all rolling in my stomach. I suddenly wanted to see Ash and make sure he's okay.

I turn the knob and slowly let myself in. The house was empty, half eaten plates still on the table, and shards of glass in the floor.

I tiptoed up the stairs, fighting the urge to scream Ash's name. Dozens of scenarios flooded my mind, they got scarier and scarier with every second until I felt like I was about to throw up.