Tired • Gil McKinney

Gil McKinney - Gil x Reader
Mood: cute

You and Gil had a fight for the last couple of days. Shortly after you made things up and started talking to each other again you went along with Gil to a Supernatural convention. It was Friday evening and it was time for the Friday concert of Rob's band Louden Swain. You were just about to suggest Gil to spend the evening with you during the show but you quickly realized that Gil was the one who was supposed to moderate everything.

Disappointed you sat down in the huge chair in your room.

„What's on your mind?", asked Gil, grinning at you. He laid on the bed and learned song texts by heart.

„Nothing.", you said, playing with the little friendship bracelet on your wrist. Apparently you weren't really convincing because Gil gave you a really concerned look.

„You sure?", he asked and raised his eyebrows. He put away his song texts.

„Yes...", you replied quietly, „It's just... I wish we could have spent the evening together."

„But you know that I have to host the show.", said Gil softly. You felt immediately that he as well would have rather spent time with you.

Usually you didn't want to make a scene now because after all you knew that it was Gil's job to host conventions and it wasn't pretty bad paid either but you just couldn't stop yourself from saying what you said next.

„Can't Rob pull off the show without you?"

Immediately you were sorry for what you just said. It sounded completely different from what you meant. But you just missed spending an evening with Gilbert so much...

Y/N...", started Gil but you interrupted him.

„No, it's okay. I know that it's your job.", you explained and looked at Gil, „It's just hard to accept sometimes... and I know that I have to work on it and..."

„Hey, calm down!", laughed Gil. „The concert is only in two hours. We could do something fun right now."

„But we can't leave the convention area.", you replied. You knew exactly that you were acting pretty complicated right now but that's something you had explained to Gil long before you even became a couple. And he took you that way so he had to deal with it now.

„Well... We can also have some fun here, can't we?", asked Gil, grinning, and moved out of the bed.

He walked towards you and looked you straight in the eyes... Damn, he was so hot and perfect...

In front of you Gil crouched down and laid a hand on your cheek.

„Or don't you think that?", he whispered seductively.

About half an hour later you laid close snuggled up to Gil in your bed.

„I love you.", he whispered in your ear. You could clearly feel the warm air of his breath on your skin.

„I know. I am amazing.", you replied, grinning. Gil couldn't see you smiling though because you laid your head on his chest and he therefore only could see the back of your head but that was just fine. He still knew how you meant it.

„Yes, you are.", he whispered, stroking over your head.

After some time passed you heard him breathing in sharply.

„But that sadly doesn't change the fact that I have to get up now.", he announced, looking at the alarm clock, „Don't wanna upset Rob, do we?"

„Then tell Rob that his host... is busy.", you replied, laughing. You didn't want Gil to go now but you also knew that you had to so you let him get out of bed.

You watched your boyfriend getting ready for the show until you managed to motivate yourself, too, to get ready for the evening.

As you came out of the bathroom Gil was doing his hair.

„That doesn't make anything better.", you joked around and laughed.

„Very funny.", said Gil sarcastically and grinned in the mirror. Even his reflection was beautiful.

„Do I look acceptable?", he asked after some time. He turned around and looked you straight in the eyes.

„No!", you rejoined, pretending to be serious, „You look horrible! You should really stay in the room with me and let Robbie do his thing."

Gil now moved towards you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

„Well, I don't need to look perfect for Rob.", he responded and smiled at you.

„So...", he started and kissed you on your forehead, „I gotta go."

He wrapped you in a really tight hug once again and went towards the door.

„Where do we meet later?", he asked and turned around again. He already had the doorknob in his hand.

„I guess here or in the green room.", you answered, „I can't go anywhere else anyway."

Gil laughed and went out.

After some time you decided to watch the show so you headed to the hall where Louden Swain played. Even outside you could already hear their beautiful music.

You went in and watched the whole thing. Rob did just amazing. He loved music with every fibre of his being, you could feel that with every word he sung.

You enjoyed every second, cheered and cried with the fans, played along with the mass.

After the show you went to the green room where Rob was just walking in at the same time.

„That was honestly amazing.", you told him and clapped him on the shoulder.

„Thank you.", he gave back, grinning like a child. „Your compliments are at least serious."

„Because I am so honest...?", you asked jokingly, holding back laughter.

„You are.", replied Rob, but all serious, looking you straight in the eyes.

„Pah.", you smirked and went to the table where Mark Sheppard sat.

„How are you, little one?", he welcomed you warmly. He called you 'little one' ever since the very first conversation you two had.

You didn't answer and just sat down in front of him.

„Did you and Gil ... fix everything?", asked Mark and looked at you expectantly. He raised his eyebrows.

„Yeah.", you said shortly. You were still a bit pissed if you'd be honest to yourself but you didn't want to make a scene because of everything. You were oversensitive sometimes, you knew that.

„You don't look pretty happy to be honest.", noticed Mark and leaned over the table to be closer to you, „What bothers you?"

„Nothing...", you answered, „I would just like to spend more time with Gil but I'm sure he's too tired after the show to do anything."

Suddenly you felt someone laying their arms around your shoulders from behind you.

It was Gil who now also laid his head on your shoulder and whispered in your ear.

„Who said that?"

„Me.", you snapped back, holding back a grin.

„I thought you knew me better."