Business Failure

"What?!"

A deep croaked voice was heard as soon as I went inside our house. Something must have happen for my father to be this distressed. I went upstairs on my old room and I could still hear his thunderous steps as I imagined him pacing around the room.

My old room hasn't changed, still the same old bedsheets and some crumpled posters with tears on the end due to it's aging. I took my phone and call him.

"You really did up your game huh?"

Baritoned chuckles of a man made my hair go up, rubbing my skin together, I ignore the tingly feeling on my stomach as I continued to held the phone in my ears. His laughter soon died out and immediately go into business.

"Yeah, I told you before, we're gonna make him pay. It's just the beginning, he still has to go through more"

A smile blossomed my face and I couldn't help but enjoy the feeling I am having right now.

It's his time to pay for his sins.

"You mind having that dinner today?"

I stiffen in surprise as I look at the phone bewildered. I didn't think that he would remember our bet before, I thought he just betted because he wants to divert my anger into something.

"Calm down okay. He's not here anymore"

"I can't frickin calm down. Do you know how much I hate him. All the things he's done, I was okay from it. I know I just have to forget but my sister?! I can't f*cking forget that! I'm gonna kill that motherfucker , I swear i-"

"Calm down"

His hands on my cheeks as our nose we're close that I could feel his warm breath glaring on my face. My whole body froze as I held my breath, waiting for him to say anything.
"Let's make a bet shall we?"

"What's in stake?"

A mischievous smile blossomed in his face and a dark tint of playfulness were reflected in his eyes. I suddenly feel the urge to get out of his hold but he tightened his hold on my face more. I glare at him while he inch closer until he stop on my ears.

"A dinner if I can topple down his business"

A bewildered me was reflected in his eyes as I stared at him unblinking, still shocked at what he said. The tips of my ears are dyed red and I have the sudden urge to rub it, to shake the warm feeling I have.

"Bring it down in a day then you win"

"Really?"

I ignore the ominous feeling I'm getting on his smiles but I willed on my promise. I don't broke promises and I tried really hard just to do what I've promised. I nod at him and he kiss me in the cheeks, ignoring my glare he settled down in his seat and drive again.

"I'm gonna win this bet"

"Sure you will"

Now here I am, getting dressed for the bet that I've just loss. Well, thanks to that bet, I'm one step ahead of my revenge. I really have to thank Elliot for all the things he's done for me.

"What about this?"

My sister held a checkered jacket coupled with a blue top and pleated gray skirt and some black tights. She also took some boots like heels (forgive me for my foolishness in fashion) and then I was being ushered out of the room to try it.

"It wasn't that bad, it's warm and okay, I guess"

"Okay? I guess?! Are you for real!? I took everything in my closet just to find you the perfect dress for your date and that's all you've gotta say to me?"

Arianne's face was shocked and she got her right hand over her left chest making it look more dramatic than it'll ever be. Well I suppose a little compliment doesn't hurt, but what did she just said earlier?

"A...........date? It's a dinner, a promise I have to uphold because I loose on the bet"

"Oh, a date? Yeah sure, suit yourself"

Her tone was mocking me while her face was clearly showing the not-so-believable look on me. I don't need to argue with her over that small matter.

For now, I need to have dinner with that guy. After all, he just cleared another hurdle for me, and I'm not that ungrateful not to compensate him.

The fight isn't over yet, and I still need his backing.
__________________________________
Hey guys!!!!! Sorry for not updating, again 😞😞

Anyways I hope you like this new chapter of mine. And oh! It'll be my 18th birthday this Saturday, best wishes on me. And to those who have cepelebrated and have not celebrated their  birthdays I hope your wishes came true and your b-day be magical and wonderful.

Do Vote. Comment. Share.