Epilogue

Life was hard.

Time was vicious.

Body covered with scars, mind filled with unspeakable thoughts.

I never knew life would be so........like life.

When life was boring, you wanted it to be adventurous. When life was hard, you want it to be easier. You want your life to be dictated by you. Wanted it to be easy, with no loophole's, no more hindrances and hurdles coming in your way.

But that won't be life anymore.

I was all about revenge, feeding myself off of hate, greedily drinking the pain and tears I've suffered in my life. I was running out of time, trying to put all the plans I made just to pay him his debt off of us.

Of me.

But now that it was solved, the missing pieces was finally put into their own place, I was freed.

"Rose? If you could take back time, would you do it?"

I look at my sister, her brows furrowed in confusion as she sit Indian like in front of me.

"Why the sudden question?"

"I mean- I guess I was just curious. You've been known as the girl who got.....shattered....and, how?....... How did you overcome all of.....these?"

So that's what it is.

After he was put to jail, so many reporters came on our house, got our house almost knocked down by their pounding fists.  It was awful, their voices still fleeting over my head, shouts coming from everywhere, blinding lights from their cameras.

It took me months just to get them off my back.

"It was hard, even so, all of you we're there. Besides, Elliot barricaded the house with his body guards, I doubt those reporters would even come here based from those burly men standing and guarding our house"

A giggle made past way her lips and soon the solemn and serious atmosphere turned lively again. Pillows were seen flying through the four corners of the wall, laughter's and smiles made it's way in our faces.

......

"Elliot, are you really sure about this?"

We were nearing his house, his family was there waiting for him. He said that it was just a casual dinner with his family, I didn't think that he will literally go by family, which means his relatives, aunts and uncles as well as his grandparents, cousins as well as his friends were there to celebrate his newly made deal with one if the highest business in this time.

"Why are you so nervous? It's not like you've done something wrong- well, except for stealing my heart"

I punched his chest lightly while he gave me a loop sided smile which made my heart beats faster.

"Stop joking!"

"What? I'm just trying to make you smile"

Because of that, the anxiety and fear subsided for just the tiniest bit. He's so good to me, whenever he thinks that I'm uncomfortable, he would always showered me with jokes and laughs we're naturally splewn out of me.

"Do you think your mother would like my gift? Or will your parents approved my dress? I should have pick a more appropriate dress for this? What about you-"

Warm lips stop me from blabbing furthermore. It was just a few seconds and I was already intoxicated by his gentle kisses on me.

Yep, you guess it right, he was the man I've been longing for, and fortunately, the man I love.

"Stop flirting anymore and come here! Aunt is looking for you!"

My face blushed in crimson red, I bet I look like a cooked boiled shrimp right now. My eyes look towards the smiling idiot in front of me and pinch him hardly in his stomach.

"Ouch love, no need to be so rough"

"Your too shameless! How....what face will I show your family then?!"

Here is was panicking when he was laughing his head off. I was about to say something when I heard a voice.

"Young people sure are passionate, huh?"

Horrified, I immediately get Elliot's hand and rushed towards the patio. My face contorting on an awkward smile.

"Hi, you must be Elliot's grandma. Nice to meet you"

I held my hand out in which she gave a tug of her hands resulting into a hug.

"Finally, I thought Elliot will die as an old virgin"

Elliot choke in his own saliva as the redness from earlier came back on my face again.

Soon, relatives of Elliot came rushing through the door, their faces in a shock. They must be peeping at us, their faces still held traces of the shapes of the door.

After a lot of talking and joking, the kids were put to sleep. His grandparents bid me goodbye with kisses on my cheeks, some of his cousins pat me in the back thanking me for being able to be with him for months.

"Your family is so good. Specially your grandma, I really like her"

"Yeah, you two were hell bent on making me lose face"

A smile blossomed on my face as I tiptoed and kiss him on his lips. On was about to pull down when he grabs my waist and grab a pinchful of my hair.

"They're not only my  family, they're yours too"

Oh.

I forgot to tell you.

That the wrecked broken girl finally finds the man she will love for the rest of their remaining days on Earth.

I was a rose, but now, all of my thorns were my battle scars, not my flaws anymore.

____________________________

Oh my gosh😭😭😭😭😭

It's finished. You don't know how much I live for this story. It hurts that you have to let go of it, but sadly, everything has an end.

It's an adventurous flight everyone, thank you for supporting and reading my book.

Although I lack skills, still, you gave me the chance to build myself and mature into someone, just by writing hehehe 🤣🤣 🤣

Anyways, I love all of you, silent readers, active readers.

Everyone of you, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!!!

GOOD-BYE 👋👋