Chapter 19: Jere...YOU HAVE--?!

Mike's POV

  I look away from Jeremy.  "Phoenix...she healed you as best as she could, but it took a lot of energy from her.  We both felt it.  Your life force was getting weaker.  But when she was healing you, hers was getting weaker while yours was getting stronger..." my voice trails off as my mind puts the pieces together.  Looking over at Jeremy, then at Phoenix, I realize what my cousin did.  And I can tell that Jeremy's thinking the same thing.

"DAMN IT PHOENIX!  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" yell in a semi pissed off tone, scaring Jeremy slightly. 

  Jeremy looks back at Phoenix and puts his hand back on hers.  While he holds her hand, his eyes start glowing green, literally! 

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" I ask him, and as soon as I do, he jumps sightly, hissing afterwards.  Jeremy looks at me through his bangs, and his eyes are still glowing, though I can spot wariness in them.

"I ca-can't really use my a-abilities much, and I-I can't fight with them.  No-not yet anyway.  Right now, I c a-can mostly detect in-injuries and stabilize people, li-like what I'm doing to Phoenix." he tells me before looking back at the passed out girl next to him.  I just nod at his answer.

Jeremy's POV

  I can't believe I actually just told Mike that!  That's the biggest secret I have!  Well, one of them... I have two or three others.  One is that my father abuses me, but the others...

  I hate saying that my mom died, but my final secret...it's too personal for me to think right now.  Glancing at the clock, I see that it's almost noon.  Wow, time flies, doesn't it?

Mike's POV

  As Jeremy gets lost in thought, I sigh and walk up to my room.  After several minutes of thinking, I finally allow myself to be drawn into sleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

  Whoo!  I updated!  I still have a writer's block and school is a pain in the arse, but hey, I did something productive!  I also just got into the Eddsworld Fandom, and I will be posting a chapter of a new later or tomorrow.  It'll be called "Psycho Siblings".    Anyways, I shall see you all later!  Ciao, Little Spirits!

~Amy