Chapter 28: Putting a stop to a friend's death

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING!!!  MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND ATTEMPTS MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER!  IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SUCH TOPICS, I SUGGEST UTMOST CAUTION READING THIS!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Phoenix's POV

  It's been maybe two weeks since Jeremy was attacked by Foxy.  My dad of course beat me as soon as I got home.  Jere's dad did the same to him as well.  And something else happened.

  Mike and Vincent's parents divorced.  Vincent had to go with their mom and got his last name to changed to Miller.  Mike and Mary are still with their dad.  Also, Mike is starting to get closer to Jere! Hmmm....maybe it's time to start shipping them!

  Anyway, Jeremy, Mike, Vincent and I are now walking to Mike's house.  We're working on a Social Studies/History project together.  When we get to the house, Jeremy and I throw our bags onto the couch before running upstairs.

  We open the closet to get a towel so that we can clean up any mess that we make, only to get a horrifying discovery.  There hangs Doll, her life force fading.  Both Jeremy and I stand there in shock for a moment or two.

"MIKE!" Here yells at the too of his lungs, voice wavering as he takes a step back with fear evident in his aura. 

  Mike and Vincent run up the stairs, stopping short seeing Doll hanging there.  I quickly snap out of my shock and use my claws to cut the rope, catching my classmate before she can call to the ground.  I place her on the floor and swiftly -but carefully- tear the noose off of her neck and activate my abilities.  I quickly force as much energy into her dying body as I can.  I feel her waking up was more than half of my energy fades.

  I hug her tightly when she wakes up completely.

"E-em...please, never do that again.  You scared all of us!" I whisper in her ear with a shaky voice.  Almost to prove my point, Mike starts hugging Jeremy in order to try and keep him from having a panic attack.

  Doll let's out a choked, near silent sob as I stroke her back gently.  I wince slightly as I feel to after effects of using too much energy at once catching up to me. 

"Em, it may hurt, but be happy for them if it does go in that direction!" I pause before whispering, "plus, Fritz has a crush on you!"

  She giggles, a light blush dusting her cheeks as I say that.  Everyone seems happier for now.  Now it's time to work on the project.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

  Update! Yee! Let's go!