Chapter 23: Nightflash, Part 3

Phoenix's PoV

  I sit with my friends, my eyes closed for a little bit longer.  Then, through my eyelids, I see two flashes of light.  Opening my eyes, I see two familiar faces.  I shakily stand up and walk towards my old friends slowly.  They see me just as I trip over nothing, and catch me before I fall. 

"Phoenix, just hold on a minute," Mari orders me while healing my wound from earlier.  I had nothing to patch it up with, so I have been slowly bleeding to death for the past few hour or so. 

  Jack's been looking at the corpses of my friends, mixed emotions hidden behind the mask he wears.  Sensing his internal conflict, I walk over to him and hug his leg gently as soon as Mari is done healing my arm.  He looks down at my exhausted face and sighs. 

  I back up as both of them turn human and face each other.  

"What should we do with them?" Jack asks Mari.  She looks at him before sadly looking at the corpses.

"I-"

"We use the suits," I say, cutting her off.  They look at me in shock, one, because of how emotionless and broken my voice sounds, and two, because of how casually I say it. 

"Phoenix, why would we-" Mari tries to speak again.

"So they can live the rest of a life that was need for them too early!" I exclaim, desperation evident in my tone.  I don't want to lose any more friends.  Not like this.  Also, I may have only be 6 at the time that this happened, but I knew what to say. 

  Jack crouches down to my height, puts his hands on my shoulders, and moves his mask to the side so that I can see part of his face.

"Phoenix, you do realize that if we do use the suits, they might never be able to move on?" He questions me in a serious, slow, deliberate voice.  Its like he's scared I'll run if he says it any other way.  But I just nod at his question.

"I know that.  They'll be like us.  Like-like m-m....but they'll stay until my daddy is killed anyway," I say in a soft voice.  I trailed off during that one part because of how painful it would be for me to hear myself say it. 

  Mari picks me up and asks, "Since we're doing this, who will be who?"

  I look at my friends, considering the difficult choice I was about to make.  I close my eyes, extending one arm and clutching Mari's with my other hand.  I force myself to use my magic, pushing it towards my friends, deciding their fates. 

  When I open my eyes, I see that the 5 friends I was closest to had masks of the animatronics on, while Faith and Brandy were the two that didn't get anything.  But they would still be stuck either way. 

  Jack and Mari nod, gently setting me down and taking away those five.  I take one last glance at them before they were teleported away seconds before the door slams open.

  Standing there is my father, holding what seems to be...what seems to be a suit.  He notices that 5 out of 7 of the corpses are missing, and he scowls as he shuts the door.

  I scream as he picks me up, snapping out of my shock.  He holds me down by the throat as he takes my friends' belongings and flings them across the room.  I can feel Gold's bowtie still in my pocket.  I kick my father, screaming louder as he forces my into the suit as I take out Gold's bowtie, clutching it tightly as I'm forced into the position of the limp, deactivated suit. 

  My father throws the head of the suit on shortly after forcing me into the suit, then presses something by my neck.  I scream once more, almost as loud as I screamed when Gold was being killed.  That's when I hear it.  The dreaded sound of metallic snapping. 

  Pain explodes in my body, starting in my legs.  Then it works up to my mid section, then my torso.  My screams and cried for help are cut short as the springlocks are triggered.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  There we go! Sorry for the late upload.  I hope you enjoyed!  Also, if you could give me feedback on my book, that would be great.

  So...comment your theory and/or opinion on what happened to Phoenix that day, what she was going to say, and what will happen later in the book! You will be given a shout-out! Anyways, I gotta go update "Psycho Siblings".  Ciao!

~Amy