Chapter 20: (insert creative title here)

Mike's POV

  Its been over a day since I brought Jeremy and Phoenix to my house.  Jeremy's been moving around and walking, so I plan on dragging him to school tomorrow.  And I would also keep him safe from the others, seeing as he's already so injured.  Wait wha- DEAR LORD, WHY DO I KEEP THINKING THIS WAY?!

  Anyway, Phoenix on the other hand; she still hasn't woken up.  We moved her to one of the 3 guest rooms we have.  Mary's been watching over her when we can't.  Seeing as Mary's only in 8th grade.

  My turn of watching Phoenix just ended, but as I'm about to open the door, I hear movement from the bed.  Turning around quickly, I see that my cousin's eyes are open. 

"Hey, you okay?  How you feeling?" I ask softly as I walk over to her quickly.  She nods slightly before saying something to me.

"I-I want to se-see Fa-Faith," she whispers.  It shocks me to hear how broken her voice sounds.  I close my eyes and try to call the spirit child, but like the past few hours, I grasp nothing.  It's like she vanished.

"I'm sorry, but you can't right now.  She isn't here," I tell her with just a bit of sadness in my voice.  Let me tell you, that was hard, because I usually don't show sadness.

  As soon as I tell her this, Phoenix gives a half-assed eye roll before shutting her eyes.  I shake my head and stand up, ready to go back to bed.  I wish that I knew what my cousin is thinking right now.

  I look back at her sleeping form one last time before walking out of the guest room and down the hall to mine.

???'s POV

  I look down at her sleeping form.  She...asked for Faith.  But why?  She shouldn't be able to see or communicate with us.  Yet she knows about us and can sense our presence when we're close or near her.

  The girl's sweater is stained with blood, and the first thing that pops into my head is who did she kill?  Then I realize that it's only near her hands and wrists.  I roll up her sleeves partly, but then I see them.  I see it.  Cuts and scars up and down her arms.  Some look somewhat fresh, others older.  Some look like someone put them there, other look.....look like they were self inflicted. 

  Why would she do this?!  Wait, better yet, why do I care?!  I roll her sleeves back down and notice that tears are escaping from her closed eyes.

  Sighing, I put my hand on her forehead to see what she's seeing.  As soon as I do, I rip it away on instinct.  I look at her in fear, shock, confusion, and just a slight bit of concern.  How often does this happen?!  How many times does she have to relive that?!

  Before I can get an answer, I blip off, back to the Pizzeria. 

"Where did you go?" Freddy asks me.  I ignore him while rolling my eyes and turn to Faith. 

"She was looking for you.  So was that dumb night guard.  You may want to go," I tell her.  She nods and blips off to them.  I turn to the others, who have now surrounded me.

"The first week of December.  That is when our plan will begin."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

There! I did it really late, but it's done!  If you want me to, I can update tomorrow so you don't have to wait in order to find out what Phoenix was seeing.  Or you can wait until next Friday.  You guys decide!  Gtg, it's time for bed.  I'll edit it in the morning.  Ciao!